Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Doctor visit for just a fever?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Would you take a 13 month old to the doctor for just a fever ? He has No other symptoms. Just really irritable and a fever between 99 and 100.4
My 9 year old dd just got over having a fever for 5 days and they said it was probably just something viral and didnt give her anything for it
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

No, that's barely a fever at all.

lv_my_babies
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM

took my 3 year old in with a low fever (he had it for a day or two and it came back) come to find out his white blood count was 30,000 and he had pneumonia and strep and had to be put in the hospital for two nights.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Holy crap. Was he coughing or not eating? Dd and I get strep a few times a year and I can always tell, it's painful!

Quoting lv_my_babies:

took my 3 year old in with a low fever (he had it for a day or two and it came back) come to find out his white blood count was 30,000 and he had pneumonia and strep and had to be put in the hospital for two nights.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'd let it go for a few days.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Its not a fever below 100.6. Just keep them hydrated.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
That's hardly a fever. Give Tylenol or Motrin. If The fever was over 104° for an extended amount of time is take him in.
lv_my_babies
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM

the first couple days with fever he ate and acted normal and then fever was gone, when it came back he didn't want to eat and just layed down when it was dinner time (he had eaten breakfast and lunch that day according to my mom). he didn't cough much at all. 

Quoting Anonymous: Holy crap. Was he coughing or not eating? Dd and I get strep a few times a year and I can always tell, it's painful!

Quoting lv_my_babies:

Lalasmomma13
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
No that's to low to go to the doc in my opinion
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Yes I would, fevers freak me out. 

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'm paranoid when it comes to fevers. So if one lasts more then 3 days and stays at 100 or higher in they go. And that's only if I can't get it to go away and stay away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)