Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you listen to secular music?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

We are Christian and I know it's just a song but my 5 year old son really likes that Vampire Weekend song "Unbelievers". It really bothers me when he walks around singing about being an atheist. What do you think? Will it be okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Troll! No one is this naive. Please don't pretend to be Christian in your troll posts, it's offensive and gives people an impression that we're all like you. I'm a Christian but I'm not crazy and would never worry about my son singing a song just because it's secular. However I've never heard the song you're referring to, and if it actually is about atheism or something demonic, then why in the hell is your small child listening to that, Christian or not?!
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Lmao.. 'Secular music'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm saying we like secular music. It's a popular song on the radio and it's catchy. I just didn't realize what the words were about until I heard him singing it. Maybe you should stop making Christians look so rude.

Quoting Anonymous: Troll! No one is this naive. Please don't pretend to be Christian in your troll posts, it's offensive and gives people an impression that we're all like you. I'm a Christian but I'm not crazy and would never worry about my son singing a song just because it's secular. However I've never heard the song you're referring to, and if it actually is about atheism or something demonic, then why in the hell is your small child listening to that, Christian or not?!

BaconQueen
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
You're so obnoxious. Im not rude. This post is ridiculous. Get over yourself and your "secular" music. Who even says that? Quit trolling

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm saying we like secular music. It's a popular song on the radio and it's catchy. I just didn't realize what the words were about until I heard him singing it. Maybe you should stop making Christians look so rude.

Quoting Anonymous: Troll! No one is this naive. Please don't pretend to be Christian in your troll posts, it's offensive and gives people an impression that we're all like you. I'm a Christian but I'm not crazy and would never worry about my son singing a song just because it's secular. However I've never heard the song you're referring to, and if it actually is about atheism or something demonic, then why in the hell is your small child listening to that, Christian or not?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I'm a troll because I'm not sure if this song is a big deal or not? Alright whatever.

Quoting BaconQueen:

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

*facepalm*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
If you don't mind your child going to hell, go ahead and let him sing atheist songs. YES its a big deal!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)