Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you listen to secular music?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are Christian and I know it's just a song but my 5 year old son really likes that Vampire Weekend song "Unbelievers". It really bothers me when he walks around singing about being an atheist. What do you think? Will it be okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (31-34):
fairyjester
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

um if he says he is going to burn in hell then he is not an unveliever   nor can it be an athiest song.

Quoting Anonymous:

But he said he knows he's going to burn in hell for being an "unbeliever" there is also mention of holy water and being born again.

Quoting BaconQueen:

Furthermore it is not an "Atheist song" or a song about being an atheist. Rather it is about the struggle to find yourself in the world (which can often be seen as cruel and uncaring and judgemental) and what you believe and how that can affect relationships. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not what I said at all. The song is catchy. It comes on in the car all the time. I never really noticed the lyrics until he was singing them in the house. I don't think it's going to make him convert, it just hurts my heart to hear him sing it. Nothing more. You ladies are really sensitive tonight.

Quoting BaconQueen:

The fact you let your 5 year old listen to songs on the radio unsupervised and think singing lyrics to a song means your child is going to convert makes you a troll. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a troll because I'm not sure if this song is a big deal or not? Alright whatever.

Quoting BaconQueen:

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

FelineTopic
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Define secular music...

And...

I've never heard the song you're talking about...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Haha, you guys are cute. "Secular" music, try some Black Metal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN