Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paying it forward >> Drive Thru Surprises?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever had your meal paid for by the car in front of you in a drive thru? Have you ever paid for the person behind you?

I want to hear your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

It actually happened to me for the first time this morning! totally unsuspecting, of course, the guy in front of me paid for my coffee. Of course, it's not about the money. Because I then paid for the guy behind me. It felt good =)

lunyuny
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yes I have paid for vehicles behind me at random
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM

No to both. It's actually something I've never even thought about, I might do that some time.

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Anyone want to get in front of me at Burger King? I want a Triple Whopper with Cheese, onion rings, root beer....and Idk...but damn I'm hungry right now
SavdNSanctified
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM

That actually happened to us (well, actually my husband) last week! The car in front of him paid for his meal! He couldn't believe it and I thought it was just so awesome and amazing. He hasn't paid it forward yet that I know of. I should ask him about it in the morning...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting lunyuny: Yes I have paid for vehicles behind me at random

What do you do, just ask them what the other person's total is and say you want to pay it? I've wanted to do it before but I can't afford to if the car behind me is spending 30 bucks for a family of 6, lol.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM
When I worked at McDonalds in high school some people did it, one time it got to six cars in a row, that was cool. One time I paid for someone behind me
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I do this from time to time.  It just makes me feel happy, so why not?  I don't even care how the other person reacts--I like to give gifts.

momaholly
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I worked at sonic for several years and I actually only recall one occasion that this happened. I worked at On my way! Sonic for 4 1/2 years and it didn't have a drive-threw and I never saw this happen. But then I worked at a sonic in Odessa Missouri for a while and right before Christmas last year it happened in the drive threw, a lady paid for the persons order who was behind her. And then that car paid for the order behind him.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I've done it a few times at Starbucks.

A few years ago DH and I were shopping with our two sons. Went to check out and our card was declined. DH had gotten paid a few days before, he was in the military, we HAD money. Of course it was a sat night and our bank was not local. It ended up being locked do to the bank not taking out a loan payment.
Anyway a man followed us out and gave us $50. DH tried explainig to him that we had the money, and some food at home. He just told us to pay it forward. We have many times since.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)