Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paying it forward >> Drive Thru Surprises?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever had your meal paid for by the car in front of you in a drive thru? Have you ever paid for the person behind you?

I want to hear your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
lunyuny
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I ask what the bill is. If I am able to cover it I do. I have only had once I was not able it was over 30. I have put money on orders behind me in line at the grocery store before. Just random. Usually elders

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lunyuny: Yes I have paid for vehicles behind me at random

What do you do, just ask them what the other person's total is and say you want to pay it? I've wanted to do it before but I can't afford to if the car behind me is spending 30 bucks for a family of 6, lol.

NewInChrist
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was 17 my dad and I were in line at dollar general when my aunt called me to tell me that our house was burning to the ground.
We told the cashier we were sorry and ran out the door. A couple days later the manager at dollar general called me to tell me that someone paid for all of our stuff and they were holding it for us. :') it was amazing.

I've never done anything like that at a drive through or restaurant but I've paid for people's stuff at the grocery store, given money and food to the homeless, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't at drive thru's but I do at the toll bridge's
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My SO and I paid for the womens coffee behine him and I because she let him cut in front of her lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting NewInChrist: When I was 17 my dad and I were in line at dollar general when my aunt called me to tell me that our house was burning to the ground.
We told the cashier we were sorry and ran out the door. A couple days later the manager at dollar general called me to tell me that someone paid for all of our stuff and they were holding it for us. :') it was amazing.

I've never done anything like that at a drive through or restaurant but I've paid for people's stuff at the grocery store, given money and food to the homeless, etc.

The manager just happened to have your number ? :/

momofne
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I've paid for the person behind me's. Thinking of doing it again for Christmas.

she_walk_softly
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I did it at steak and shake the drive thru window guy was super excited about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I paid for the person behind me at Starbucks drive thru before, after reading a story of how people had done that and it had gone on and on for hours. lol

Over the summer, a lady ahead of me at DQ drive thru paid for my Blizzard. They said that lady does that all the time there. I had had a really bad evening (big argument with dh) and was out for a drive...decided to treat myself to a Blizzard, but the DQ near me was closed, so I went to another one. It was open...and it just made my night when she paid for me. 

I told the boy I babysit about that lady paying for mine. A few weeks later, we were going to DQ, and he and my ds asked if we could pay for the person behind us. How do you say no to that?! Problem was...nobody else was around. We circled the drive thru slowly, got really excited when a car drove up behind us...then it parked. So we drove around the building again...slowly, and giggling all the while...and finally another car came into the drive thru behind us. So we ordered...the boys were bouncing with excitement. Got up to the window and paid and asked to pay for the lady behind us, too. She had only ordered a cone, so it wasn't much $...then we quickly drove away. The kids wanted to remain anonymous, instead of having the lady try to honk or wave or thank us. Hopefully it brightened her day a bit! 

NewInChrist
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Lol no, I forgot to add that it's a very small town and my uncle owned a shop. Everyone knew who my dad was and all they had to do is call my uncle's shop and ask for my number.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NewInChrist: When I was 17 my dad and I were in line at dollar general when my aunt called me to tell me that our house was burning to the ground.

The manager just happened to have your number ? :/

Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
My husband always gets things paid for. Coffees, full meals etc. he is in the military though and people are really nice about that.

I pay people's tolls, buy their coffees, paid for groceries, I always try to do random nice things. Just a little something to stick with them through their day. During the holidays I usually tip my Starbucks guys a $20 when I pop in. I usually use my card so I rarely get to tip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)