Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paying it forward >> Drive Thru Surprises?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever had your meal paid for by the car in front of you in a drive thru? Have you ever paid for the person behind you?

I want to hear your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (311-319):
nidland
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:54 AM
I have never had it happen to me, but I do this a lot. It's awesome, and I usually get great kudos from the drive through people. I try to do it once or twice a month at least. Been doing it for years.
nidland
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM
In the drive through, I'll ask the cashier if I can pay for the order behind me in addition to mine. He'll tell me the total and I'll pay for both.

Quoting blaundee: How do you pay for someone behind you when you don't even know what their order is?
22junebug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Yes, at McDonald's drive-thru.  Could not believe the person in front of me did that.  Totally made my day knowing that some people in the world do care about other people!!

janelsmith
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM

#AJO

MJ09
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Last week, I got to the window at starbucks (after complaining to my daughter how long we had to wait) and the guy in front of us had paid $5 towards my bill. I wa very surprised. First time it ever happened to me. And there was no one behind me, so no I didnt pay it forward, but I left a larger than normal tip :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I had someone pay for my coffee, so I paid for the next persons coffees. It made me feel great and I did it again the other day!

michele115
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I work at IHOP and it's actually pretty common for one of my customers to say I want to pick up the check for that table. Once it was a man paid for a big party of people. One time I guy bought breakfast for a group of foreign girls. That's a nice welcome to America.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM
No, No. I also don't understand how people do that? Sometimes we go to Starbucks and it's $7, other times we spend $25. How do they know how much the person behind you is going to spend? Someone tell me, I'll do it on New year's day. I guess give enough to pay for a drink, or two then hope for the best? IDK. I don't get it. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I was getting breakfast at McD's drive thru, and I gave the cashier a $10, and told her to use it on the person behind me. Didn't know what their total would be, but if it didn't pay for the whole meal, it paid for some.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)