Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paying it forward >> Drive Thru Surprises?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever had your meal paid for by the car in front of you in a drive thru? Have you ever paid for the person behind you?

I want to hear your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Miss5ft4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I have never had anything paid forward for me. But I have paid it forward.

We were eating at a local Mexican restraunt one day and there was a table full of younger National Guard members next to us. The more I listened to their conversation it became more apparent they had just returned from overseas, so I got all of their tickets from the waitress, and paid for them. We also left them a personalized message on each one, and when me and the kids when back next time, there was a ticket hanging on the wall near the register with a note signed by all of them thanking the woman and her children who paid for their food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I pay for the coffee for people behind me about once a week, because it makes me feel good.  

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

never had it done but I've done it a few times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I've never done that because I'm afraid the workers would just keep the money, though I guess the $$ would be helping them  though b/c they are paid so little

KME3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM
No one here is that nice... I have never heard of that. Interesting though..I may do that some time.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
6 moms liked this
I paid for a lady in front of me before. she didn't have enough money to pay for her groceries with 3 small children. she started taking things off with tears running down her cheeks. I kind of got choked up. I told the cashier to stop and I would pay for it. I took only what I needed from my cart and just added it to hers. She hugged me and was so grateful. The couple behind me actually criticized me for paying. saying it was all junk. Some of it was pre made meals. regardless, who wants to see children go hungry? no one knew her situation so who was I to judge??? I was just happy to help someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not in the drive through but I had a job interview one day. It was with a mobile (traveling) company so I had to drive out of town and do a working interview. i got home feeling really good about it and SO and I decided to go out for a really nice dinner. It came out to be like $80 something, almost $90. When we asked for the check the waitress gave it to us, but the receipt said it was paid for already- but the waitress wouldnt tell us who paid. During the convo with her, I got a phone call from the company I just interviewed with- and they wanted to hire me. While I was on the phone the waitress was telling SO that the family who paid for our meal was just inspired by our "young little family" and wanted to do something nice. It creeped me out at first but it was really sweet. We paid it forward later in the week while we were out shopping for my YDDs bday. 

stevens_mom2008
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I've paid for someone else's meal I drive thru and when I worked for mcds I would give people my free meal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Someone once paid for my pizza at pizza hut (I can only imagine what the people who paid for us thought, I was with there with my in laws who are both crippled and in wheel chairs and with my toddler and newborn. It took me forever to get everyone food lol.) and for my coffee once during "random acts of kindness" week at our local coffee stand. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN