Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it make sense?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

dh told me that he is upset that i dont buy him any presents since we married. the thing is I am a SAHM and spend hs money. For me it doesnt make sense to buy giftsfor his own money. I think now he can choose whatever he wants for his own money. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Give him Love Coupons.
FREE!!!! :)
What man doesn't want a BJ coupon in his stocking?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

good idea

Quoting stephiebugg:

Give him Love Coupons.

elfling811
by Niki on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I have no problem buying presents for DH with money he earned. But we have also been married forever and I helped him build his business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I still give my fiancé presents even though he is the only one who works. Even if it's not your money it shows you were thinking of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My DH doesn't care about the money part. It's his chance to buy whatever he wants, he knows I would be the same if I worked (which I will in the future). We do not make money a big deal like that. THANK GOD. We have never even fought over it because we both think it's silly how people get worked up over it. We just enjoy the extras and don't focus on the things that people just want to focus on to have something to complain about.

djg0622
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I buy my husband presents even though I'm a sahm. It's still our money. I used to buy it out of my babysitting money but I'm not watching any right now.
copperked
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
"It's the thought that counts." ---- It would probably just mean a lot to him to know you're thinking about him and making the same kind of effort to go out of your way to.do something special that he does.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

this exactly.

dh LOVES christmas and loves to be surprised with gifts.  even if it's only small stuff like posters for the man cave or t-shirts or something.  i don't spend very much, but he still gets to open presents and be surprised.

Quoting elfling811: I have no problem buying presents for DH with money he earned. But we have also been married forever and I helped him build his business.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Really, you're right. It's dumb. DH and I have a joint checking account. The money we each make goes into our household. There is no my money/his money. It's all OURS.
We don't buy eachother gifts, but we do buy something for the house at Christmas usually (a new coffeepot, DVD player, whatever). We do let the kids pick out gifts for us though. He'll take the girls shopping for me at Bath and Body Works. I end up with enough body wash to last me all year. The girls always pick him out legos. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

good idea

Quoting stephiebugg:

Give him Love Coupons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:56 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured