Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

different life views between husband and wife

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

1000123_10153599400860154_331394768_n.jpg

I was talking about a news article that pertains to my career.

Visible tattoos on officers. Many agencies arent allowing them and my agency doesn't. I feel that it is barring a lot of good qualified people from doing the job.

So this image came up and my husband was like well they could post one of his sleeve tolled up and a scalpel in hand showing his tattoos saying "would you want him operating in you?"

I wanted to smack him. I said do my tattoos make me a bad person a bad officer? A bad mom? A bad wife? He said no.

How do tattoos stop someone from saving your life ? Ugh and he pranced off lime he was high and mighty
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
copperked
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Dh isn't too keen on my tattoos either, or the fact that I want more. It hasn't been a big issue, just some eyerolling over not agreeing.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Luckily my dh and I both agree we find them ugly and distasteful! And he was a Sailor for years, they usually get them.

luckythreemom
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:41 AM
In your hubby's defense, we look at those we love differently. We forget that they fall into groups that may hage a public stigma.
I would have no problem receiving care from someone with ink. My youngest DD's first teacher had a sleeve. He rocked. He played the guitar for the kids all of the time and sang many of their lessons. They had a blast that year!
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I don't like tattoos so I don't get them. I wouldnt look down on someone because they chose to get them. I know good ppl with tattoos.
Okie-chick
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I have 9 tattoos. My husband doesn't have any...yet. He likes mine,obviously. I had them before we met.

Before we moved I was a TA for autistic and DD classes. The tattoos didn't make me any less of a good teacher. The kids loved them and I had parents tell me they were at ease with them. Knowing I wasn't uptight.
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Umm all of his tattoos are covered in his uniform (referring to the pic). If yours can't be covered then it can be considered unprofessional. It shows a lack of forward thinking on your part.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN