Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smokers! Explain this to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
1 mom liked this
I run drive thru for a coffee shop and I don't understand why some smokers deem it ok to smoke while in drive thru. Seriously, I don't want to take money from you while you hold your cigarette and I certainly can't stand the smell. I get super nauseous when I smell it.

It's seriously testing my ethics. We have roaches and I do my best to keep everything sanitary, but I'm less inclined when It comes to smokers sitting at my window with their cigarette.

I can handle rude or stupid customers, but smokers make me physically ill.

Answer me this... Do you just do it without thinking? or are you that inconsiderate of others?

Some of you must live in a bubble. It would blow your mind if you knew what goes on behind closed doors. The health department had been to my store. We are meeting all requirements and guess what? There is an X amount of roaches that are acceptable. We are even in the process of remodeling. They gross me out, but it's a job and I will do it until a better opportunity comes along and/or I finish school.
I love how some of you say to quit my job. Really? I have an issue with something and your advice is to quit? I'll just assume that's how most if you handle problems in life.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
20 moms liked this
You have roaches in a facility that serves food and beverage but you're complaining about people smoking in their cars. Okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes! Roaches? Why not report the place. That's not.ok at a food place!

And not all smokers are like that. DH doesn't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Trust me, I'm not happy about the roaches. They're doing everything possible to get rid of them. Its been 6 months and still cant figure out where they came from. I can't bring any of my personal belongings in because I fear I'll take them home.

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder: You have roaches in a facility that serves food and beverage but you're complaining about people smoking in their cars. Okay.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I've never thought about it honestly. I usually only use drive through when with my kids, and don't smoke when they are with me. I will make a point not to in the future. Please call a fuxking exterminator. That is way grosser then second hand smoke. Someone should call the health department.
caustinb
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM
They are inconsiderate. Also, after you've smoked for awhile, it becomes like second nature. I don't smoke, but my dh and mil do. Dh accommodates me by not smoking in our house, but mil thinks it's ridiculous and she should be able to smoke wherever she wants.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I dunno. I'm a closet smoker and I hate it. I only smoke in my backyard. Never in public, in my car, at work, etc. Most people don't even know hah.

But if I were a public smoker I'd be extremely cautious about non smokers coming into contact with my smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethanlogan13
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Gross roaches? But no I do not smoke in a drive thru.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Hun not every smoker does that, actually the majority don't.  Willingly to bet it is a small few that don't think about it and don't realize.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I'm sorry but I can't get past the roach problem...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)