Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I used one of your ideas for a teacher gift and made a staff member cry

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 15 Replies
4 moms liked this

Well a whole school gift. Before school today my middle school children and I went to the store and got a bunch of lunch meat, some macoroni salad, potato salad, veggies and fruit and rolls. We took all the bags to the school with a card thanking them for all they do for my kids (especially my son who has many special needs and is very hard to handle). One of the staff members who works very hard with my son actually cried and hugged me. She told me I am the 1st parent to really show thanks for them in this manner and she was overwhelmed and apologized for the tears. So today the entire middle school staff has lunch on us and I am so happy they appreciate it:)

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM

BUMP!

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

BUMP!

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
This is awesome!!!!
imyourPuppy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
That's great. Teachers should be appreciated.
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Im lovin the positive posts today!!! Great job momma!!
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thank you, I never thought to do something on a larger scale until the post about what not to get teachers lol

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

People never realize that teachers get so little appreciation. I mean I am sure you can see it on here.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We always have done stuff for elementary school and my sons ED teachers, but so many teachers interact with my middle schoolers daily it was hard to come up with a gift for each, so last year I did nothing. This year I figured I would do a lunch. I got the idea from another post lol

Quoting OneToughMami:

People never realize that teachers get so little appreciation. I mean I am sure you can see it on here.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Some people think a coffee cup is a good thank you but your idea is definitely better

Quoting 2and2onway:

We always have done stuff for elementary school and my sons ED teachers, but so many teachers interact with my middle schoolers daily it was hard to come up with a gift for each, so last year I did nothing. This year I figured I would do a lunch. I got the idea from another post lol

Quoting OneToughMami:

kyledavidsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
That was nice of you I bet you made their day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN