Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 Types of Judgmental Internet Commenters - Which do you encounter on a regular basis?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 99 Replies
16 moms liked this

9 Types of Judgmental Internet Commenters (in Cat Form)

by Linda Sharps

I have a cat, which means I'm constantly being criticized for every single thing that I do. You cat people know what I'm talking about, right? Owning a dog is like having a tiny robot arm attached to your back that delivers an endless series of reassuring pats -- you got out of your chair! Hooray for YOU! You walked across the room! You're AMAZING! -- but owning a cat basically means you're sharing your house with a personalized, fur-covered burn book. Sure, cats may occasionally sit in your lap and purr and appear to be adoring, but as soon as you turn your back they're noting your various shortcomings: "FAILED TO FILL KIBBLE BOWL TO THE TOP. STROKED FUR .00002 SECONDS TOO LONG. DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY OPEN FRONT DOOR UPON REQUEST."

Cats are judgmental as hell, which means they're an awful lot like Internet commenters. Specifically, angry commenters who flock to parenting articles. That's right, dear readers, I'm talking about some of YOU.

Observe:

The commenter who is absolutely disgusted by your language. Just disgusted. And you call yourself a mother!

Via TomStockton.US

The commenter who would like to correct you on that tiny typo in the second paragraph.

The commenter who straight-up doesn't like you. Nope. Not one little bit.

Via Grumpy Cat

The commenter who just really feels sorry for your children.

Via Cracked

The commenter who would never make the same parenting choices you do.

Via Daily Mail

The commenter who just has to laugh at how wrong you are. So, so wrong.

Via Flickr/ehacke

The commenter who -- what did you just say? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? She will fight you RIGHT NOW, she swears to god.

Image via Flickr/fraise

The commenter who is so bored she didn't even read this, but for some reason left a lengthy comment saying so.

Via Flickr/black_pearl_10

The commenter who cannot even believe you wrote this crap. This is, no kidding, the most stupid thing in the entire world. She just hopes you're proud.

Via City-Data

Which comment cats do you encounter on a regular basis?

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
You forgot the I know it all commenter who really doesn't know it all.
SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
8 moms liked this

I seem to encounter those who read way to much into what I am saying and then go on the defense about a statement that I didn't even make. There have been many times my only reply to their 4 paragraph rant is "Where in my post did I write ____?" because that is definitely not what I said. I say exactly what I mean, no more, no less. 

ale3
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
lol
LovemyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

oh mygosh, this is the BEST post I have read in a long long time! Great job Cafe Steph!

JohnnysGirl1967
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I am in my office laughing so hard right now, my co-workers think I'm insane! 

sowlove
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

hahaha What did you say?

Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

My favorite are the type who are shocked and disgusted that internet discusions involve judgement and criticism. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Pretty much all of them, lol
Akunkle1
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

This. Mostly the ones who even see 2 letters switched in a word and think you're stupid for not caring. Because you know, if you don't spell right the world will come to an end.

Quoting momto2boys973: Pretty much all of them, lol

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww look at the angry/disgusted little kitties :) they're so cute and fuzzy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)