Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't get it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
The judge just granted my son's father overnight access on weekends.
My son is almost 8, never had overnight access with him. His father lives off of $150 a month after his rent. How the hell is he going to feed and clothe my son every weekend?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM
The court didn't order you to pay any cs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Are you planning in sending him naked? Maybe he doesn't count clothing him as one of his expenses...and food for a few days a month won't be that expensive
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

As long as he can figure that out, it's fine. If you are really worried, have your son bring clothes with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Why would they order me to pay CS? I have custody, he just has access.

Quoting Anonymous: The court didn't order you to pay any cs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
He tells me all the time that there is never any food in his house. Ever.

Quoting Anonymous: Are you planning in sending him naked? Maybe he doesn't count clothing him as one of his expenses...and food for a few days a month won't be that expensive
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Oh, I don't know, so he has enough money to feed your child when he has him?

Quoting Anonymous: Why would they order me to pay CS? I have custody, he just has access.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Well first, I am a SAHM.
Second, he has NEVER helped support our son. Ever. If he wants oovernight access it's HIS responsibility to feed my son, just like it has been my responsibility to feed my son for the last 8 years.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh, I don't know, so he has enough money to feed your child when he has him?

Quoting Anonymous: Why would they order me to pay CS? I have custody, he just has access.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Well if the judge knows his financial situation don't you think maybe he believes your son will be fine?

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd bring over groceries to ensure my kid was fed. Is it fair no. But not having money doesn't mean someone should be denied the right to be a parent. Other than being broke is he a good father?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol. Ok. If it was my child going over there, I'd make sure he ate regardless if whose "responsibility" it was. But thats because I care about my son more than I care about having a pissing match with his dad.

Quoting Anonymous: Well first, I am a SAHM.

Second, he has NEVER helped support our son. Ever. If he wants oovernight access it's HIS responsibility to feed my son, just like it has been my responsibility to feed my son for the last 8 years.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh, I don't know, so he has enough money to feed your child when he has him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)