Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant abduction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
We are here at the children's hospital. They just called a code pink. So I look it up and it's a infant abduction! That's kinda scary!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Oh no! I hope the baby is found safe and sound.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Good luck trying to leave anytime soon. When (in a normal maternity ward even) that babys wrist bracelett gets like 600ft or some odd # like that away from the parents bracelett the whole place automatically locks.

Thats just so sad. What is wrong with people to steal a baby!? And from a CHILDRENS hospital? So the baby is probably sickly too. ugh makes me sick

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I think they got it

Quoting blue-heart: Oh no! I hope the baby is found safe and sound.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Quoting krusesbaby:

Good luck trying to leave anytime soon. When (in a normal maternity ward even) that babys wrist bracelett gets like 600ft or some odd # like that away from the parents bracelett the whole place automatically locks.

Thats just so sad. What is wrong with people to steal a baby!? And from a CHILDRENS hospital? So the baby is probably sickly too. ugh makes me sick

Yea you'll probably be locked in for a while. There was a code situation when dd was in the nicu a few years ago, not an abduction, but a domestic violence incident (IN the nicu- crazy). We were stuck in there for hours so the police could respond without anyone getting hurt. People are absolutely insane, hoping the baby is safe!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
They got it. But yes so sad :(

Quoting krusesbaby:

alyssa2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

The baby's wear an alarm around their ankle if someone takes them to close to the doors the alarm goes off. Code pink is called all the time at my hospital. All the doors lock and staff has to stand in the hall way monitoring doors going outside until the account for all the babies

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

wow IN the nicu area?! It has to be stressfull for a child to be in there but to get violent when you could possibly push over or trip over a machine and unplug something a baby NEEDs. that just baffels me

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Quoting krusesbaby:

Yea you'll probably be locked in for a while. There was a code situation when dd was in the nicu a few years ago, not an abduction, but a domestic violence incident (IN the nicu- crazy). We were stuck in there for hours so the police could respond without anyone getting hurt. People are absolutely insane, hoping the baby is safe!

CafeMom Tickers
MMIC
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM
That's horrible!
katrina.0822
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

We have code pink at our hospital. A lot of times it's just a kid who wandered away from their parent. Here whether it's an admitted child or a visitng one the second someone says "My kid is missing" we go into code pink and the place is on lock down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
That's crazy. They actually gave a description of the person.

Quoting alyssa2013:

The baby's wear an alarm around their ankle if someone takes them to close to the doors the alarm goes off. Code pink is called all the time at my hospital. All the doors lock and staff has to stand in the hall way monitoring doors going outside until the account for all the babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured