Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Classy strippers!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Well the strippers I know were talking about how self empowering, and fun stripping is. Both work at a joint in a small town where all strippers are all nude. Personally I don't care what them girls do, I'm from a country where prostitution is legal. Those girls do think they're classy despite of the countless guys they slept with , and married men they tried to get involved with.

ANYWAY, do you think strippers can be classy?

( for those who dance fully nude & shake their asses in costumers faces )
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
No. Sorry. I don't care how much money they make or how empowered they " claim" to be. There is nothing classy about being a stripper. Being classy is carrying ones self with grace and elegance, exuding good social graces and intelligence. Sliding down a pole spread eagle for crumpled cash doesn't fit in to that definition in my mind sorry.
HippiPotPi419
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

When I go to throw money at strippers, I'm not the least bit concerned if they are classy or not. They're just people, doing whatever they need to get by. Whatever. It's just tits and vag.

JayTee80
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Stripping is just not a classy occupation.  They can carry themselves with pride and show respect for themselves by the way they handle requests from customers who want more than a dance, but a stripper is not classy.    I associate classiness with modesty.  There is nothing modest about stripping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I agree! Even if they don't act whorish off the job, they're trashy while at work. Which speaks for itself, and can be justified in every way, yet most still will not fall for excuses how strippers are just proud of their bodies. I could be proud of my body , doesn't mean I will shake my stuff in anybody's faces & take me clothes off for people who want to see tits, vag, and ass.

Quoting luvmybug: IMO they can look classy, but because of their job can never BE classy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Ironic that you speak as if you're all about empowering women, while putting a woman down for a personal choice at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: That's very true, but it's a personal choice to act in such a way. Does it define them?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is called "female chauvinism".  The term refers to the highly sexualized American culture in which women are objectified, objectify one another, and are encouraged to objectify themselves. 

Yes, it does.  They are making the choice to embrace their objectification rather than attempt to change their environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
It is a debate post.

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

When I go to throw money at strippers, I'm not the least bit concerned if they are classy or not. They're just people, doing whatever they need to get by. Whatever. It's just tits and vag.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Strippers know the stereotype that comes with the job, which is a lot of cases is correct. You can't be classy if you're doing the opposite. At least woman up to it instead getting mad because people see you for what you do, which is trashy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ironic that you speak as if you're all about empowering women, while putting a woman down for a personal choice at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: That's very true, but it's a personal choice to act in such a way. Does it define them?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is called "female chauvinism".  The term refers to the highly sexualized American culture in which women are objectified, objectify one another, and are encouraged to objectify themselves. 

Yes, it does.  They are making the choice to embrace their objectification rather than attempt to change their environment.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
This

Quoting CPatt0708:

They can be classy while not at work, but IMO it's not classy to get naked, shake your ass and put your lady parts in random people's faces for money.  I understand most do it because they are trying to pay for college or support their family or whatever, but I can't refer to that as classy, sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I agree

Quoting JayTee80:

Stripping is just not a classy occupation.  They can carry themselves with pride and show respect for themselves by the way they handle requests from customers who want more than a dance, but a stripper is not classy.    I associate classiness with modesty.  There is nothing modest about stripping.

Pixers
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

It is iffy, I've known exotic dancers and I've known strippers.. yes there is a difference.  One turns it into an art form the other turns it into prostitution.  I've been a manager at a gentleman's club, he hired me when he was trying to change the image from a low class strip joint to a gentleman's club.  

We Succeeded too, it went from a fully nude to the girls wearing pasties and keeping covered, we nixed lap dances and private dances.  Actually put the mystery back into the dance (think burlesque shows) and his clientele changed and improved.  He also mandated drug tests, that helped too.  I miss working there (I was the manager/main bartender, NOT a dancer LMAO) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)