Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Classy strippers!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Well the strippers I know were talking about how self empowering, and fun stripping is. Both work at a joint in a small town where all strippers are all nude. Personally I don't care what them girls do, I'm from a country where prostitution is legal. Those girls do think they're classy despite of the countless guys they slept with , and married men they tried to get involved with.

ANYWAY, do you think strippers can be classy?

( for those who dance fully nude & shake their asses in costumers faces )
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

But which is truly them? Personally, I don't feel like it's my place to put anybody down for what they choose to do with their bodies.

Quoting Anonymous: Living a double life, still the same person.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I do. Who they are while working and who they are in an every day setting can be completely different.

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

nope

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I totally agree. I'm proud of MY body, but no way in Hell am I going to take off my clothes for strangers and think I'm still classy...

Quoting Anonymous: I agree! Even if they don't act whorish off the job, they're trashy while at work. Which speaks for itself, and can be justified in every way, yet most still will not fall for excuses how strippers are just proud of their bodies. I could be proud of my body , doesn't mean I will shake my stuff in anybody's faces & take me clothes off for people who want to see tits, vag, and ass.

Quoting luvmybug: IMO they can look classy, but because of their job can never BE classy.
HippiPotPi419
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Quoting Anonymous: It is a debate post.

Quoting HippiPotPi419:

When I go to throw money at strippers, I'm not the least bit concerned if they are classy or not. They're just people, doing whatever they need to get by. Whatever. It's just tits and vag.

yes. and this is my position on it. Not sure how ya missed that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Yes they do know them. But when attempting to empower other women, aren't stereotypes what we are supposed to be fighting? And I have never stripped.

Quoting Anonymous: Strippers know the stereotype that comes with the job, which is a lot of cases is correct. You can't be classy if you're doing the opposite. At least woman up to it instead getting mad because people see you for what you do, which is trashy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ironic that you speak as if you're all about empowering women, while putting a woman down for a personal choice at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: That's very true, but it's a personal choice to act in such a way. Does it define them?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is called "female chauvinism".  The term refers to the highly sexualized American culture in which women are objectified, objectify one another, and are encouraged to objectify themselves. 

Yes, it does.  They are making the choice to embrace their objectification rather than attempt to change their environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I have known a lot of strippers and I can tell you most DO NOT do it to pay for college or make ends meet. But that's what they tell people because of the judgment they get. Plus a good sob story always made them more money. 70% I have ever known and met have done it simply because they went home from work cash in hand. They liked the attention and thought it was fun. Some were supporting their drug habits that way , some just didn't want a typical 9-5.. but the whole " paying for college or making ends meet " is usually crap. I mean, some do dance for those reasons, but usually not..so I agree. Totally not classy

Quoting CPatt0708:

They can be classy while not at work, but IMO it's not classy to get naked, shake your ass and put your lady parts in random people's faces for money.  I understand most do it because they are trying to pay for college or support their family or whatever, but I can't refer to that as classy, sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
If that's how they want to make money, ok it's a personal choice. Every stripper I spoke to gets pissy when you say she's not classy. At least don't claim to be what you're not, why get defensive? You knew what you were getting yourself into before you started.
There are other ways to show off your pride in your body if you're looking for class, such as art.

Quoting luvmybug: I totally agree. I'm proud of MY body, but no way in Hell am I going to take off my clothes for strangers and think I'm still classy...

Quoting Anonymous: I agree! Even if they don't act whorish off the job, they're trashy while at work. Which speaks for itself, and can be justified in every way, yet most still will not fall for excuses how strippers are just proud of their bodies. I could be proud of my body , doesn't mean I will shake my stuff in anybody's faces & take me clothes off for people who want to see tits, vag, and ass.

Quoting luvmybug: IMO they can look classy, but because of their job can never BE classy.
LovingFamily8
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
That's like an honest politician, or a high moral lawyer... They don't exist
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
This is very true actually.

Quoting Anonymous: I have known a lot of strippers and I can tell you most DO NOT do it to pay for college or make ends meet. But that's what they tell people because of the judgment they get. Plus a good sob story always made them more money. 70% I have ever known and met have done it simply because they went home from work cash in hand. They liked the attention and thought it was fun. Some were supporting their drug habits that way , some just didn't want a typical 9-5.. but the whole " paying for college or making ends meet " is usually crap. I mean, some do dance for those reasons, but usually not..so I agree. Totally not classy

Quoting CPatt0708:

They can be classy while not at work, but IMO it's not classy to get naked, shake your ass and put your lady parts in random people's faces for money.  I understand most do it because they are trying to pay for college or support their family or whatever, but I can't refer to that as classy, sorry.

JleeB
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
The only reason I clicked on this is because I don't think "classy" and "strippers" belong in the same sentence.. Let alone side by side. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)