Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

santa isnt real???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yes that's right and I don't care if my kid tells your kid. If you want to lie to your children that's your business. But if you want my child to be a part of that lie, then that's my business. I've raised my son telling him the truth...gasp! St Nicholas was a real person, Santa is a myth, the movies and books about Santa are fun, but NO Santa is not real. He's 10, I can't believe there are other kids his age that actually believe Santa is out there flying around in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer jumping down chimneys to give gifts to all the kids on the "nice list." Go ahead and lie to your kids if that's how you choose to celebrate the holiday, but don't ask me to have my child keep that lie going so that Christmas will not be "ruined" and not be "magical" anymore for your child. We do believe in the holiday spirit of family and giving to others. We will be buying gifts for friends and family, and volunteering in our community. We love Christmas and we don't need the lie of Santa being real to make it magical, im sorry that Santa is the only part of Christmas that you enjoy. When my son was very young I used to make sure that he didn't tell other kids the truth about Santa because I didn't want to upset little kids or piss off their parents. But he's going to be in middle school next year so Im no longer going to worry about walking on egg shells around these preteen believers. Its weird! Your tweens need to grow up! If Santa is the only thing making Christmas magical at your house this Christmas, that makes me sad. But don't expect my son to keep your lie going.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Santas real at my house, and in the past I have told my child that your cild was on the naughty list and thats why you buy their presents.

I'm 8 and I can promise you in this house, there is a santa. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I do tell my kids not to go around telling others that their beliefs are lies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I don't believe in purposely ruining it for kids just out of common courtesy, but if it slips, oh well. Honestly, I wish someone would tell my 9yo. I can't bring myself to do it, but I'm really sick of doing Santa...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
You're 8? Isn't this a moms group? Sorry that you feel the need to lie to your children. It's strange and unhealthy. Happy lies, I mean merry Christmas!

Quoting Anonymous:

Santas real at my house, and in the past I have told my child that your cild was on the naughty list and thats why you buy their presents.

I'm 8 and I can promise you in this house, there is a santa. 

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

There was only a like button and no love button so.

LOVE!

Quoting momto2boys973: I do tell my kids not to go around telling others that their beliefs are lies.

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 24 and my grandma STILL gives me santa gifts lol...not sure why, you think she would have stopped when we sat on the steps (she raised us) and watched her put out santa gifts and let her see that we saw her.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't believe in purposely ruining it for kids just out of common courtesy, but if it slips, oh well. Honestly, I wish someone would tell my 9yo. I can't bring myself to do it, but I'm really sick of doing Santa...

CafeMom Tickers
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It is a good thing that everyone can choose what they feel is right for their family. Not everyone has the same beliefs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I did too. But when moms ask me to keep a lie going about Santa to a 5th grader I just role my eyes. My son is very respectful of other people's religious and cultural beliefs. But Santa? Sorry that's just taking it too far. 5th graders that believe in Santa are freaks

Quoting momto2boys973: I do tell my kids not to go around telling others that their beliefs are lies.
TatyBear
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this
As a mom who raised my.kids on no Santa. Your entitlement is disgusting.

To raise a child to feel so entitled that they way they believe or not believe is better then the next person is absolutely disgusting.

My kids would be punished for telling another child he was not real. Its not my child's place to put their belief on someone else.

My DD.now 11 at the age of 5/6 defended Santa.to.another child when another kid told this kid he wasn't real and made them cry. My non believer child went on about how real he was so this other kid would feel better.

And people wonder what's wrong with kids these days......apple don't fall far from the tree does it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)