Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i anonymously send money to someone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
A guy I used to know a lifetime ago, was shot in the back several months ago, and is now paralyzed from the waist down. I only know because a friend on Facebook commented on his wall, so it showed up on my feed. He is a single dad, and i know this must have been devastating for him and his son.

I would like to make an anonymous donation to him, but... i dont know his address, or have any contact info. I could facebook him, but then he would know it was from me. Any idea how to go about this?

Worst case,i will facebook him, but i will need to nicely say that i want no recognition for it, and would appreciate him not mentioning my name or saying that i donated. How do i phrase that without sounding rude.

Thoughts on how to do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I like to leave it in the mailbox... but since you don't have an address maybe you could try friending someone who you mutually know and ask them?
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I would look his address up & hand deliver or mail it.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I wanted you to have this money, but the deal is that it came from SANTA, catch my drift?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
He isn't listed anywhere. I cant find an address online. I was thinking of contacting the news station that wrote an article about him, and seeing if they have contact info, and could facilitate getting him the money.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would look his address up & hand deliver or mail it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I like that lol

I just dont want to come across like a bitch, but i also dont want people from my old life finding out and contacting me lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I wanted you to have this money, but the deal is that it came from SANTA, catch my drift?

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous: He isn't listed anywhere. I cant find an address online. I was thinking of contacting the news station that wrote an article about him, and seeing if they have contact info, and could facilitate getting him the money.

Yes do that! Maybe they know if there is a fund or anything set up at a local bank.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
That's odd because usually you can find anyone online. You could email the news station because a lot of times there's an account set up for donations & that would solve your problem.

Quoting Anonymous: He isn't listed anywhere. I cant find an address online. I was thinking of contacting the news station that wrote an article about him, and seeing if they have contact info, and could facilitate getting him the money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

There's some pretty good CM detectives if you're willing to provide any other info. If not, the news station thing isn't a bad idea.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Just tell him that for personal reasons you'd rather he kept the source of the donation to himself.

Quoting Anonymous: I like that lol

I just dont want to come across like a bitch, but i also dont want people from my old life finding out and contacting me lol

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM
There was a go fund me account set up, but it has since been taken down.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Yes do that! Maybe they know if there is a fund or anything set up at a local bank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)