Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm turning into "that" single mom...and I hate it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

My SO, who lives with me, who I'm having a baby with..........is at least talking to/meeting other women behind my back, if not fully cheating on me. And yes, I know, he probably is doing more with them. I don't want to think about it. He works out of town

I don't even know what to do. My kids love him, he's always very loving to us, he's a good provider. If I leave him, this will be the 3rd time my children have seen me end a relationship. And I don't want to be that mom.

On the one hand, I don't want to stay with someone who obviously doesn't respect our relationship. But on the other hand, I don't want to break my kids hearts again. Can I just ignore it?

I wish I had done so many things differently. I don't even know where I fucked up so badly. My first husband abused me, second one was gay, and now the man I'm with cheats on me and lies to me about it to my face???? I have been nothing but a good, faithful girlfriend/wife to any of them. What is wrong with me that I get myself into this????

Sorry for whining, I know it's my own fault. I just want to cry, I don't even know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Bump
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this
No, you can't ignore it because that is setting a bad example for your children. You need to focus on your children and start setting your standards for men higher but I would wait a long time before starting a relationship again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Bump
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I don't see how staying with him is doing your kids any favors. This will all come to a head eventually. Why don't you dump the cheater now instead of waiting until your kids are even more attached?

I have no clue if you're doing anything wrong. Maybe it would be best to be alone for a while so that you have some time to really focus on yourself and kids instead of a man. It really is okay to be alone for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Who is that mom? Fuck that mess and don't stay with him because he still has your kids fooled. Be pickier, slow it down. Don't have children with them. I'd start down that road to family court while it's still early. You sound like my friend and she is smart as a whip but has awful luck and or taste in men. Don't try so hard to find them a dad. Just be the great mom you are. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Kick him out and stop living with men who you aren't married to.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

personally I'd leave.... and I've been "that" mom before too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I've been alone before, I'm fine alone. And I'm not trying to find my kids a dad, their dad is actively in their lives.

Yes this should have gone slower. But I just don't know what I did to deserve this karma. And I don't know why he would cheat on me. There's NOTHING missing at home. He has a nice house, a pretty girl, a baby on the way. I work full-time and keep the house clean for him, do all his laundry, take care of the finances, give him attention when he wants it, leave him alone when he needs space, never deny him sex. I don't understand why he feels the need to go somewhere else, it just doesn't make sense.

I just don't want my kids hearts to get broken again. It breaks my heart to see them upset. And I don't want them to end up thinking that relationships never last - although apparently they don't, so maybe kids should just learn that young. Maybe I can just stay in it so that at least this baby has a mom and dad who are together? But then I wonder if I do that, is he going to be the one to leave me instead? And should I do it while I'm still in control of it? 

Quoting Anonymous: Who is that mom? Fuck that mess and don't stay with him because he still has your kids fooled. Be pickier, slow it down. Don't have children with them. I'd start down that road to family court while it's still early. You sound like my friend and she is smart as a whip but has awful luck and or taste in men. Don't try so hard to find them a dad. Just be the great mom you are. :)

momto3B
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Before you decide to end the relationship please get some counseling to understand why you make such ba choices. Odds are good, if you do not get to the bottom of your issues, you will only reapeat them again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)