Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you face the chill for chili???

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
I already did my shopping for the next two weeks... This morning!

Dh just called and said I should go get chili.... Really really good sale price.. School was closed today because of the snow and ice...

Is stocking up on cans of chili (20 cans probably) worth the trouble of hauling two kids in full winter dress across town (ok it's like 5 miles)?????

Or should I stay under this blanket, watch scandal, and laugh at my kids running around in dance costumes and singing made up songs about doors????
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Eww.  Disgusting.  I wouldn't even have canned chili in my house-nor would I ever eat it.  I certainly would never go out of my way to buy it.  So, of course, my answer is stay home!

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I never learned to make chili :(

But I do like the canned stuff and dh was raised on it.... There aren't many canned foods I like.... But I do like canned chili (no beans)

That and canned corn beef hash..... Yumm

Quoting chalisa0:

Eww.  Disgusting.  I wouldn't even have canned chili in my house-nor would I ever eat it.  I certainly would never go out of my way to buy it.  So, of course, my answer is stay home!

texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I'm not a fan of canned chili so no it would not be worth it to me lol. I just make a huge pot of it and freeze it.
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Chili is so easy to make, plus it makes your house smell great while it simmers all day.

Skip the canned.
Fistandantalus
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM

karone04
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

If you keep the beans out then you will have to use more tomato sauce.

Family recipe

Ingredients:

ground beef

onions, cut into bite size chunks

1 garlic clove, minced

1 can tomato sauce (size depends on the size of your family)

1 can kidney beans, undrained (size depends on the size of your family)

chili powder to taste

Directions:

Brown the meat with the onion and garlic. Drain. Put all ingredients into a pot and let simmer until hot.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I would just make my own but I understand with the chance of power outage and not being able to do so, cans will have to do in a pinch though my kids like the Chef Boyardee pasta or soups more unless of course you have tortilla chips to go with that chili!  LOL

Schizomom91
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Same

Quoting chalisa0:

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Don't make the trip. It's too cold.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)