Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
What were your symptoms if you were dx with hypothyroidism?! Im going to the dr on friday just wanted to see what happened to any of you.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
WebMD is the debbil! You check for a hangnail and leave convinced you have typhoid, ebola and you're now dying of cancer...

Quoting MixedCooke:

check out http://www.webmd.com/

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM

LOL yeah thats kinda true!  Definitely stay away from there if your are a hypochondriac!  lol

Quoting LucyMom08: WebMD is the debbil! You check for a hangnail and leave convinced you have typhoid, ebola and you're now dying of cancer...

Quoting MixedCooke:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic staff

The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism vary, depending on the severity of the hormone deficiency. But in general, any problems you have tend to develop slowly, often over a number of years.

At first, you may barely notice the symptoms of hypothyroidism, such as fatigue and weight gain, or you may simply attribute them to getting older. But as your metabolism continues to slow, you may develop more obvious signs and symptoms. Hypothyroidism signs and symptom may include:

• Fatigue
  • Increased sensitivity to cold
  • Constipation
  • Dry skin
  • Unexplained weight gain
  • Puffy face
  • Hoarseness
  • Muscle weakness
  • Elevated blood cholesterol level
  • Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
  • Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
  • Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
  • Thinning hair
  • Slowed heart rate
  • Depression
  • Impaired memory

When hypothyroidism isn't treated, signs and symptoms can gradually become more severe. Constant stimulation of your thyroid gland to release more hormones may lead to an enlarged thyroid (goiter). In addition, you may become more forgetful, your thought processes may slow, or you may feel depressed.

Advanced h

ineedcoffeemom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Honestly I didn't know I had hypothyroidism when I was diagnosed. I was a walking zombie but I assumed that had to do with having an 18 month old that still didn't sleep at night. But when I got my physical, they did standard blood work and my tsh came back around a 9. That's considered sub-clinical but they said if I had symptoms they'd do further testing. Further testing revealed I have antibodies through the roof that are actively attacking and killing my thyroid. So I started meds and my dosage has been increasing as the antibodies slowly kill my thyroid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Thank you. I've looked up the symptoms but ppl experience diff things lol

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Honestly I didn't know I had hypothyroidism when I was diagnosed. I was a walking zombie but I assumed that had to do with having an 18 month old that still didn't sleep at night. But when I got my physical, they did standard blood work and my tsh came back around a 9. That's considered sub-clinical but they said if I had symptoms they'd do further testing. Further testing revealed I have antibodies through the roof that are actively attacking and killing my thyroid. So I started meds and my dosage has been increasing as the antibodies slowly kill my thyroid.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Psh. When it comes to finding out anything medical wise GOOGLE is the debil. Lol..... and do not say to your dr well can it be this I googled it........ betcha he stops you from finishing your sentence.

Quoting LucyMom08: WebMD is the debbil! You check for a hangnail and leave convinced you have typhoid, ebola and you're now dying of cancer...

Quoting MixedCooke:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree lol I have read all the symptoms and a lot of them sound like me but I know people experience different things. So was just wanting to see. I'm sure ill have bloodwork done on friday!

Quoting blsdbyangel07: Psh. When it comes to finding out anything medical wise GOOGLE is the debil. Lol..... and do not say to your dr well can it be this I googled it........ betcha he stops you from finishing your sentence.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)