Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do Poor People ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this

For the poor people I always see in various posts (welfare/PA, struggling paycheck-to-paycheck, food pantries, etc) ..... how do you suddenly come up with money for christmas presents? A serious question.

*obviously not the ones whose parents buy their kids presents or anyone else buying your kids gifts

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Because they have some money. They just have to shift priorities around the month of Decemeber. Soemthing they should be doing all year but don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Put off paying bills until after Christmas.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
It depends. Some manage to save a little bit of money. Some will buy little things early or over time.
ripemango
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
12 moms liked this

I write a really sad post on CM and have members paypal me money.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
23 years ago when I was poor, starting in September, I would start doing odd jobs, peoples laundry, type college papers, and clean houses, to get money for presents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
We save, we do layaway, we struggle but still make it work and the really hard one use charities.
momto3intexas
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
We dont pay are car payment for the month of december. that gives us 400 dollars to do christmas for 7 kids
Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Uhh some save year round some buy a little at a time and some just have shitty priorities
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Last year my inlaws gave us $200 for gifts. We didn't plan on getting any, so it was really nice.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
19 moms liked this

We pray to the poor Gods and on the 18th of December we all stand outside of our cardboard boxes and it rains down a couple of presents for us. It is truly a miracle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured