Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Do Poor People ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this

For the poor people I always see in various posts (welfare/PA, struggling paycheck-to-paycheck, food pantries, etc) ..... how do you suddenly come up with money for christmas presents? A serious question.

*obviously not the ones whose parents buy their kids presents or anyone else buying your kids gifts

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Because they have some money. They just have to shift priorities around the month of Decemeber. Soemthing they should be doing all year but don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Put off paying bills until after Christmas.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
It depends. Some manage to save a little bit of money. Some will buy little things early or over time.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
12 moms liked this

I write a really sad post on CM and have members paypal me money.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

jjames1990
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
23 years ago when I was poor, starting in September, I would start doing odd jobs, peoples laundry, type college papers, and clean houses, to get money for presents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
We save, we do layaway, we struggle but still make it work and the really hard one use charities.
momto3intexas
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
We dont pay are car payment for the month of december. that gives us 400 dollars to do christmas for 7 kids
Lilfootmommy
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Uhh some save year round some buy a little at a time and some just have shitty priorities
lalaboosh
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Last year my inlaws gave us $200 for gifts. We didn't plan on getting any, so it was really nice.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
19 moms liked this

We pray to the poor Gods and on the 18th of December we all stand outside of our cardboard boxes and it rains down a couple of presents for us. It is truly a miracle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)