Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when I was a kid...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this
I knew we were poor, I always told my parents not to buy me stuff for Christmas, I told them to save their money for my little brothers and sisters. I stepped up and helped my mom raise her four younger kids. I cooked and cleaned the house every day. I was homeschooled until I was 13, and was never behind socially or in education. I learned how to be an adult long before I was 18! I don't regret my childhood a bit. It was wonderful.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrimer
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Being poor isn't always miserable and being rich isn't always bliss.
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM

do you spoil your kids on christmas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Exactly, I don't know why most women on here act like being poor is shameful!

Quoting mrsbrimer: Being poor isn't always miserable and being rich isn't always bliss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM
No, in fact this year due to tough times we can't afford much at all

Quoting barneysaid:

do you spoil your kids on christmas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Is it weird I read this in a sing songy way because I immediately thought of "When I was a young warthog!" When I read the title?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
What's weird is I'm watching lion king right now with my insomniac three year old on her VCR, yes I still have a functioning VCR!

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it weird I read this in a sing songy way because I immediately thought of "When I was a young warthog!" When I read the title?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I use to, I lost it during the move. Now I just download. I was thinking of that movie earlier.

Quoting Anonymous: What's weird is I'm watching lion king right now with my insomniac three year old on her VCR, yes I still have a functioning VCR!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM
It's one of her favorites, she cries when the daddy dies

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to, I lost it during the move. Now I just download. I was thinking of that movie earlier.

Quoting Anonymous: What's weird is I'm watching lion king right now with my insomniac three year old on her VCR, yes I still have a functioning VCR!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM

My bio-mother dropped my five little brothers off on my doorstep and took off with a child molestor when I  was 17 years old with not a penny to raise them and blowing into town once every few years until they were all adults. I moved out of my grandmothers house when I was 16 years old and bought a small two bedroom mobile home shortly after. I was the only stable and constant person they ever have had in there lives and not one second of that time do I regret. I didn't have my own children until I was 22 and 26 and it all made me a better person and parent. Now even my own children are adults and my brothers have children that range from 6-17.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)