Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Show me your FAKE/simulant diamond rings!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

I never knew there were so many diamond simulants out there.

I've been visiting wedding sites looking for ring settings I might like and I've come across photos of people wearing cz, asha, moissanite, white sapphire, morganite, amora...ect.. I know I have a hard time trying to tell the difference between the simulants vs. real diamonds.

What do you have? Would you ever own a "fake" diamond? If you did would you try to pass off the stone as a diamond?

Share your photos of your rings! Let's see if we can all figure out if it is a real diamond or some other type of stone  =)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenustin
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting a fake emerald/diamond for Christmas. I fell in love with it and we have more important things to spend the money on. As long as the metal doesn't turn my finger green I'm good lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Here is one ring I'm currently ooogling over: It is set with side diamond stones and the main stone is a morganite.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I have a real diamond ,actually I have 45 small diamonds .

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Oooh! Pretty setting!

I've already said I'm terrible at identifying stones, but I will guess.....real diamonds???

Quoting wonderstruck11:

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I have no clue. We got it at Kays, and it was aout $200, so I am assuming fake. I love it though, it's different, which is perfect. I told DH I want this band to add to my ring when we hit our 5 year annversary. It's our birthstones.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oooh! Pretty setting!

I've already said I'm terrible at identifying stones, but I will guess.....real diamonds???

Quoting wonderstruck11:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I really like this!! How much and where from? Just curious, not trying to "steal" it or anything. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Here is one ring I'm currently ooogling over: It is set with side diamond stones and the main stone is a morganite.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Mine is an aqauamarine, but I don't pretend to pass it off as a diamond. I didn't want an engagement ring with the typical, expected diamond stone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Mobile Photo

I have real diamonds. I actually had the misfortune of breaking a prong on it a few days ago. Thankfully, I didn't lose a diamond. Hopefully the repairs won't be too excessive.

Personally, I wouldn't bother wearing a fake. I'm not much into wearing jewelry. I can tell that some are fakes but there are some really good imitations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)