Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just called the police on DH's best friend and got him arrested...EDIT UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I didn't know it was him!  

DH is out of town for work.  I was sitting here on my laptop playing facebook games because I don't sleep well when DH is out of town.  Kids were in bed, and the dogs were laying at my feet.  My dogs started barking like crazy, DD comes out of her room and says "Mom, someone is sitting in the driveway, right outside my bedroom, talking on the phone!"  I look outside and see a strange car.

I called the police, they responded...and seconds after they did, DH calls telling me to send the cops away, it is his best friend!  OH SHIT!

It isn't unusual for his buddy to show up late at night like this, he just lives around the corner from us.  But he always calls first!  He forgot to call because he was excited about the new car he bought and wanted to show DH.  

I go outside to tell the police it is alright, I now know who it is, sorry to have called them for no reason but...

Dumbass has an open container in the car because he was sitting in the driveway talking to DH and decided to drink a beer.  The car is still running so they give him a field sobriety test, which he failed.  They did it in my driveway, which is still covered in snow and ice, so it would be impossible to stand on one leg or to walk a straight line heel to toe.  The officer didn't have a breathalyzer on him so they took him to the station.  They did thankfully allow me to keep his car so his wife can come get it.  She went back home.

I am now sitting here waiting to hear if they keep him or release him.  If they keep him, I will be posting bail for him first thing in the morning.  

He just called me.  They let him go.  He passed the breathalyzer with no problems, but they took their own sweet time doing it.  He was there for almost 3 hours.  No charges of any kind, no open container, no DWI/DUI/OWI. 

He said he isn't mad, he apologized to me for scaring me and DD.  He also apologized for his wife acting so mad towards me, he said it was his fault and he made her aware of it.   

It was like I said, he didn't see any lights on except for the computer room and just assumed it was DH still up.  Once he realized DH wasn't home, he just assumed I was in the bed and had left the light on in that room by accident.  

He said he feels like a jackass now but at the same time, he said he feels reassured that the police responded so quickly to my call.  He also said he will be here in the morning with his sons and clear the driveway for me since DH has been gone for work and wasn't here to do it for me, to make up for scaring the hell out of me.

I told him to please make sure he lets me know when he gets here tomorrow so I don't end up calling the police on him again.  We both laughed and that is that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elizabeth1131
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Awww that sucks :(
Mandy_yanna13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I hope everything goes ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That poor idiot is in for some trouble
ChewyBrownies
by ActuallyBeyoncè on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Was his wife mad at you? Was he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Quoting Elizabeth1131: Awww that sucks :(

I feel like a real asshole for calling them but I didn't recognize the car, I am home alone with 2 kids, it was just slightly after midnight.  He should have known I would have freaked out.  He should have came to the door to let me know or something!

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM

It does suck, but given the circumstances, I would have done the exact same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats sucks, but he shouldn't have had an open container in his vehicle, regardless.

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM

damn that sucks.  he should have let you know lol.  next time..

Elly219
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM

oops

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Quoting ChewyBrownies: Was his wife mad at you? Was he?

Yes, they're all slightly pissed off at me.  DH, his friend, and the wife.

But he should have came to the door and let me know it was him.  I couldn't see him at all.  All we could see was his phone was lit up but it wasn't enough light to actually see him.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured