Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think fat people are selfish.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies
I dont mean "curvy" or "chubby" i mean FAT as in morbidly obese.

You would rather make excuses ("my thyroid" "no time to work out" "i cant move without my mobility scooter" "insert health problem here") than get healthy for your CHILDREN?
News flash people. OBESITY KILLS.
I dont care WHY you are obese. Something can be done. No, it will not be easy. But are you really so damn lazy and selfish that you would rather DIE than put in the effort to change your life for your family and children?!
Not to mention the horrible example you are setting for them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
no matter how healthy you are we are all going to die eventually.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
20 moms liked this
I'm sure you've changed lives with this little tirade. Definitely look into a career as a motivational speaker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

RoseWildflower
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree to a certain extent. Most of the time obesity is more of an emotional illness so it goes much deeper than just being selfish. Some people have developed psychological issues which causes them to eat, so emotional eaters. 

Wouldn't call ALL heavy people selfish but yes, sometimes they can do something about it but just make up excuses. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Two thirds of our country is overweight or obese.  Obesity is also one of the contributing factors to health care being so expensive.  It costs taxpayers over 350 billion a year so yes being overweight and obese is selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I am guessing you are well educated.. to be so certain..... "NO" health problem can cause people to be over weight. .....

Shame-Shame!
olivia_benson
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I think your attitude could make strangers slit their own wrists to get you to shut up. 

Quit talking for the children!!!!

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Hahahaha!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Morbidly obese people often die in their 30s. My son will not graduate high school in my 30s. (Unless he goes all sheldon cooper...)
Would you rather die a miserable death at your own hands in your 30s or 40s or live a long fufilling life passing in your 70s, 80s, 90s+?

Quoting Anonymous: no matter how healthy you are we are all going to die eventually.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh this again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)