Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kindergartner got a referral for saying penis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 224 Replies

My kid got a referral from his kindergarten teacher today . I guess he said his gingerbread man had a penis?! He says he meant to say belt. He has never been in trouble before. What on earth do I do about that one???

ETA: Gosh, my first feature. What an honor. Currently, my son is not in trouble and I just told him to not say it at school. And no, I don't believe he meant to say belt.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

um suuuree he did......you tell him not to do it again at school or he'll be in big trouble

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

What does the referral mean? Referal to the principal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM

It doesn't really mean much. It's like a detention without the after school part. He was more scared he'd be in trouble with me.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What does the referral mean? Referal to the principal?

scoutfamilyof7
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM
6 moms liked this

I would be pissed! I have taught all five of my kids the proper word for thier genitalia. Pee pee, wiener and the like were not allowed. I taught them to not be embarrassed to refer to them as thier proper names.

jamielovesjbs
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
11 moms liked this

I don't think it's a big deal.  The gingerbread man WOULD have a penis, it's a man!  LOL!

karlie2
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
16 moms liked this
Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

I would be pissed! I have taught all five of my kids the proper word for thier genitalia. Pee pee, wiener and the like were not allowed. I taught them to not be embarrassed to refer to them as thier proper names.

I think the problem is he said his gingerbread man has a penis and that's not appropriate at school.
You don't get bonus points for knowing the correct name in this case.
TatyBear
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM
4 moms liked this
I think its dumb.

My DD.drew a man with a penis and a girl.with boobs her teacher thought it was hilarious. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I wasn't really pissed. But I couldn't keep a straight face.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
7 moms liked this
He really might have meant belt. My kindergartener says weird things sometimes. Id just tell him to be careful what he says and that we aren't supposed to talk about private parts at school and leave it at that unless it happens again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
6 moms liked this

The teacher should have been able to do that. Instead of making a big deal out of it. 

Quoting Night_Roane: He really might have meant belt. My kindergartener says weird things sometimes. Id just tell him to be careful what he says and that we aren't supposed to talk about private parts at school and leave it at that unless it happens again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured