Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOLY BINKY BATMAN!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this
For moms who used pacifier/binky how.old was your child when they stopped using it? How did you get them to not use it? My DD is 15 months and she was my first baby so I have no clue how to get her to stop using a binky. She refuses to sleep without it she will just sit and scream for hours if she doesn't have it. I've tried putting lemon juice on it and that didn't even stop her and I've tried just taking it but she will scream and scream until she makes herself sick. Advice please?
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

3-4 months TOPS.
Put them or have her put them in garbage bag and throw them in the garbage can. You have to go "cold turkey". You will have a rough few days ......perhaps a few weeeks 

Justine1993
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Always with the stinking binky
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
My middle daughter was 2.
we lost them and didnt bother looking for them. Told her they were gone and dealt with the screaming til she eventually gave up asking for it.

took 2 or 3 nights and she was done.

strontium
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

my son stopped using it on his own at about 3months old... maybe a little bit earlier.

HousewifeNina
For starters, keep it in the bed. She shouldnt have it other than sleep times.
When you do get rid of it, some suggest clipping the tip off so child thinks they are broken. We went cold turkey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne

I was the luckiest mom on earth with my first.  She was extremely attached to it, wouldn't go to sleep without it--till 8 months when she suddenly would scream if it got anywhere near her.  By 9 months we figured out it was an ear infection.  I hid all the pacifiers and never looked back.  Now?  My 16 month old still has hers!  I'm going crazy trying to break her of it but she just in the last 4 days got tooth #7 & 8 and is acting like there are more.  It really helps with her fussiness and saves me when I'm trying to cook supper and she suddenly wants to nurse.

mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Also... she knew she had to hand it over when she woke up and I'd give ot back at naptime or bedtime. But she wasn't allowed it during the day.
angiejones256
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
They both stopped wayyyy b4 1. I'm.soo glad I don't have to deal with that or bottles anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
My god daughter was 3yo. One day she lost it, and that was that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured