Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

? for the moms who have givin birth with a epidural and without

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 65 Replies
which do you like better? i have had 2 vaginal births that were unmedicated. while i didnt exactly enjoy labor, i planned on going med free again this time...this is our last baby and DH suggested i get the epidural so i can be pain free and "enjoy" my labor and delivery. for the moms who have done it both ways, which did you prefer? howw bad does it really hurt to get the epidural? that needle looks pretty scary.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Hate to say it... but the epi one... it wasn't too strong, I could still feel things and move my legs. My other was sunnyside up, felt soooo wrong!

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM
how bad was the pain of actually getting the epidural

Quoting Blueliner:

Hate to say it... but the epi one... it wasn't too strong, I could still feel things and move my legs. My other was sunnyside up, felt soooo wrong!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM

4 natural births for me. I'm to much of a control freak to ever consider the epi (among other things)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
My first was almost drug free. She was tiny so it wasn't bad. My next one was huge so I got the epidural but it didn't have torn to work because he came so fast. My last I got the epidural and 2 boosts. It was a bad pregnancy!
snowflower902
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
3 births, 2 natural and one with the epidural. I'd defiantly go with the "juice" ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I've done two with and two without.there were good and bad things about both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Omg the pain is terrible. I just have one dd and the contractions made me wish I was dead. How can anyone give birth naturally? I can't imagine it. I only lasted 6 hours before I got the epi.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Ahhhhhhhh. Loved my epi birth. It was really like a nice little celebration.
bcoll
by Brandi on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I had an epidural the first 2 times. (a set of twins and a singleton) the epidural itself did not hurt. I did however end up with the epidural headaches from leaking spinal fluid. Even after the blood patch it was 2 weeks before the headache broke. I will NEVER chance that again. I have since delivered a set of twins and 2 singletons med free. SOOOOO much better. Baby #8 will also be med free.

katcb1019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM
My first I had an epi with and yes the needle does hurt somewhat but it worked wonderfully. My second I labored at home and arrived fully dilated at the hospital. The third I was induced and having pitocin I chose again to get the epi. It worked that time as well. However my 4th I had a longer labor and wasn't dilating. I chose to get the epi and it didn't work at all. They warn you about that. So I basically had a drug free labor.
I enjoyed my second the best truthfully. I spent the least amount of time at the hospital and walked in ready to push, lol. If you want the epi go for it but it does have some disadvantages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)