Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why should the parent have to care for it????

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 250 Replies
11 moms liked this

So, the theory in Cafemom is that the women in here are eager and ambitious to raise their teen's children (grandchildren). Regardless how young or old the teen is, it almost seems that many moms look forward to their teens bringing home cute little babies so they can have an excuse to stay home....

I don't get it... There are also women that see life and the world beyond revolving around having kids and chasing kids all their lives. For these moms, why should they give up their career or life because a bratty teenager gets knocked up and brings home a kid?

No one gave up their life when I had my oldest. Why should I?

All I know is, if the teenagers in my house get knocked up, they will be going to community school and finding daycare of their own to watch their kid. I will not be quiting my job to take care of their mistakes.

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM
17 moms liked this
Children arent mistakes. However I agree that grandparents should not be expected to raise their grandchildren.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh let's justify their sexual behaviors as? Wonderful?????

Quoting dblhlx: Children arent mistakes. However I agree that grandparents should not be expected to raise their grandchildren.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Didn't you cover this variation in the last few posts you've done? That or Im having a bad case of deja vu
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I have never spoken of this topic ever in my life until today.

Quoting Anonymous: Didn't you cover this variation in the last few posts you've done? That or Im having a bad case of deja vu

dblhlx
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM
5 moms liked this
Bad choices. The result of those choices arent mistakes though.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting dblhlx: Children arent mistakes. However I agree that grandparents should not be expected to raise their grandchildren.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM

if its an accident, it is a mistake

Quoting dblhlx: Bad choices. The result of those choices arent mistakes though.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I've never met anyone with the opinion that the grandparents should have to raise their grandchildren... I'm sure they exist though.
VarelaClan
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Grandparents shouldn't be expected to help raise their grandchildren. Although, if it were to happen to one of my children, I would help. I'm a sah homeschooling mom. I'm here anyway. Plus, I'd want to make sure my child finished school and my grandchildren were well cared for. That's what I would do. But if other grandparents don't want to help, they shouldn't have to.
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
8 moms liked this
My dd wasnt planned. I am married and was not a teen mom. So you could say that she was an accident. But she will NEVER be a mistake.

Quoting thetrollcat:

if its an accident, it is a mistake

Quoting dblhlx: Bad choices. The result of those choices arent mistakes though.

Quoting thetrollcat:

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
7 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN