Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My weird way of taking away the pacifier. Anyone else do this or am I crazy?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 29 Replies

When ds was 2 I told him to help me round up the sookies because the sookie fairy was coming.  I explained that the sookie fairy takes all the baby pacifiers off the big boys and brings them to the hospital for all the brand new babies. 

We gathered them all in a basket and I told him when he woke up in the morning the fairy would take the sookies but leave a surprise behind.

He was super excited and helped me find them all for the new babies.

After he went to bed I filled the basket up with little toys.

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I've heard of this approach. I think it's fun
tardistraveller
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM

lol ok not crazy *whew*

Quoting Momniscient: I've heard of this approach. I think it's fun

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM
That's a cute idea. My kids never took to the paci for long. My first baby only used it for a few weeks then he refused it. My DD is 7 months and only used it 3 months. She decided she likes her thumb better.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Haha, sounds cute. With my first I just grabbed them all up and tossed them. He never missed them. My second NEVER took one. I mean, he would get pissed if you tried to stick one in his mouth. He was having nothing to do with it, lol.
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Ive read about doing that. I didn't need to with DD#1. Will keep in mind for DD#2. Btw, I've never heard it called that. Another mom I know calls it an AA. Wonder how many nick names there are for pacifier lol.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I've heard of this as well.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

100, best guess.

160, well I was close.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_160-pet-names-for-the-pacifier_3659111.bc

Quoting Night_Roane: Ive read about doing that. I didn't need to with DD#1. Will keep in mind for DD#2. Btw, I've never heard it called that. Another mom I know calls it an AA. Wonder how many nick names there are for pacifier lol.

Megan214
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
My step mom did something similar with my brother. She had him collect his binkis for the baby reindeer. They needed them more than him and Santa was soooo impressed with his Sharing and sacrifice that he left extra special gifts for him. :)
I thought it was adorable.
tardistraveller
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I can think of a dozen just off the top of my head lol

Quoting Night_Roane: Ive read about doing that. I didn't need to with DD#1. Will keep in mind for DD#2. Btw, I've never heard it called that. Another mom I know calls it an AA. Wonder how many nick names there are for pacifier lol.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

You are nicer than  me, lol I had the children put all the pacifiers in a bag and throw them in the garbage

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN