Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how much should she eat help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My daughter just turned 6 months old ib the fourth, she's been eating solids since 5 1/2 months drs orders, so my question is how many times should i feed her? And before or after breastfeeding?

Also how many oz of breast milk will she still need? I will have to stop breastfeeding soon since i will be going on meds and really would hate to put her on formula, so I'm wondering when she won't need breastmilk because im trying to avoid giving her formula.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I hope this makes sense lol I'm sorry if it doesn't.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM
They recommend breast feeding through the first year at least. If you need medication, you can't breast feed with, she isn't gonna croak over dead if you have to give her formula. She absolutely needs one or the other until she's at least a year though. They can't properly digest regular cows milk until after a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Bottom line when can she stop drinking breastmilk and just go to solids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Cereal in the morning and maybe 1 -2 jars baby food for lunch dinner. 6-8 oz breastmilk 4-6 times a day.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM
At a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Bottom line when can she stop drinking breastmilk and just go to solids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I could possibly do a year i hope, how many feedings does a 9 month old need? Like how many oz? And i really don't want to give formula, plus she won't take a bottle.

Quoting MilkLover0203: They recommend breast feeding through the first year at least. If you need medication, you can't breast feed with, she isn't gonna croak over dead if you have to give her formula. She absolutely needs one or the other until she's at least a year though. They can't properly digest regular cows milk until after a year.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM

She has to be on either breastmilk of formula until she is a year. That is very strongly reccomended. DO NOT give her cows milk before a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Bottom line when can she stop drinking breastmilk and just go to solids.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM
12 months.

Feed baby breast milk before she eats solids. Solids are just for practice until 12 months. Feed her breastmilk, put her in her high chair with fruit or whatever on the tray and let her explore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM
You need to keep bf or formula until she can get all of her nutritional needs from solids. Just starting solids it will take a few months minimum. She should stay on bm/ formula till at least 1yr.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)