Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much should she eat help

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My daughter just turned 6 months old ib the fourth, she's been eating solids since 5 1/2 months drs orders, so my question is how many times should i feed her? And before or after breastfeeding?

Also how many oz of breast milk will she still need? I will have to stop breastfeeding soon since i will be going on meds and really would hate to put her on formula, so I'm wondering when she won't need breastmilk because im trying to avoid giving her formula.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (21-26):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Solids before a year are just for fun. You need to nurse before she gets any solids. No need to puree anything. If she is ready for solids should be able to eat small pieces of fruits and veggies and meat. Are you sure the medicine is not safe? Most doctors are going to say no, no matter what. Make sure you check Lactmed. Before a year breast milk or formula needs to be her main sources of nutrition, no it's, ands, or buts.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Nope but I feed all of mine baby food real early and I don't feel like arguing with anyone about it ......tonight, lol

Quoting Anonymous: LOLOL did i confuse you LOL

Quoting Sassy762:

miss-karla
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM
As a guide 180ml-240ml of four feeds per 24hrs.
And solids im unsure of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Babies can eat whatever you eat, they don't need teeth. They can gum it. Of course things like carrots should be softened. Meat should be mushed, fruit cut etc.
where I live the government recommends no purées at all. You can look up baby led solids/baby led weaning. There's a lot of information on it if your interested.

Quoting Anonymous: Food as in? She doesn't have teeth.

Quoting Anonymous: I assumed so.

there's no need to do purées babies can eat solids just fine. If it makes you more comfortable though then continue :)

Quoting Anonymous: I puree all of her food, and buy from organic farmers market. And don't give cereal.

Quoting Anonymous: Cereal and baby jar food are not good for baby at all. Plus OP said she was against formula and all that stuff is just as bad. Babies should be eating real food.

Quoting Anonymous: Cereal in the morning and maybe 1 -2 jars baby food for lunch dinner. 6-8 oz breastmilk 4-6 times a day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Ill look into that thank you.

Quoting Anonymous: Babies can eat whatever you eat, they don't need teeth. They can gum it. Of course things like carrots should be softened. Meat should be mushed, fruit cut etc.

where I live the government recommends no purées at all. You can look up baby led solids/baby led weaning. There's a lot of information on it if your interested.

Quoting Anonymous: Food as in? She doesn't have teeth.

Quoting Anonymous: I assumed so.

there's no need to do purées babies can eat solids just fine. If it makes you more comfortable though then continue :)

Quoting Anonymous: I puree all of her food, and buy from organic farmers market. And don't give cereal.

Quoting Anonymous: Cereal and baby jar food are not good for baby at all. Plus OP said she was against formula and all that stuff is just as bad. Babies should be eating real food.

Quoting Anonymous: Cereal in the morning and maybe 1 -2 jars baby food for lunch dinner. 6-8 oz breastmilk 4-6 times a day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I fed myson early too around 3 1/2 months because he was a preemie.

Quoting Sassy762:

Nope but I feed all of mine baby food real early and I don't feel like arguing with anyone about it ......tonight, lol

Quoting Anonymous: LOLOL did i confuse you LOL

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured