Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only The Wise Immunise Their Child/ren.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

New app to promote lifesaving and lifelong benefits of immunisation

11/12/2013

MEDIA ALERT

Immunisation App launch

11.00am, Thursday 12 December 2013

The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne 

NEW APP TO PROMOTE THE LIFESAVING AND LIFELONG BENEFITS OF IMMUNISATION

The AMA and the Australian Academy of Science will tomorrow combine the resources of medicine and scientific research at the launch of the Academy’s new app, Science Q&A, an authoritative evidence-based resource to empower Australians to make informed decisions about immunisation.

The app is a companion to the highly successful Academy booklet, “The Science of Immunisation”, launched jointly by the Academy and the AMA last year, which has been circulated to more than 7,000 GPs nationally and accessed by hundreds of thousands of people via the Academy website.

AMA President, Dr Steve Hambleton, and Academy President, Professor Suzanne Cory, said today that immunisation saves lives and it is important that all Australians are provided with evidence of the health benefits of immunisation to help them make the right choices.

Dr Hambleton and Professor Cory will be joined at tomorrow’s launch by Sir Gustav Nossal, the world-renowned scientist, researcher, and immunology expert.

The launch will feature a demonstration of the app, a short animation showing how immunity works, and a tour of a working immunology lab at the Institute.

Launch of the Australian Academy of Science Science Q&A app:

Time:               11.00am

Date:               Thursday 12 December 2013

Venue:             The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research

1G Royal Parade

PARKVILLE VIC 3052

Today is the last day of the Name the Virus project being run by researchers headed by Dr Dave Hawkes . They have surpassed their goal but any extra funding will go straight into this great medical research project to make more viruses... (viral vectors) to help us understand the brain and hopefully find new insights into conditions such as anxiety, eating and sleeping disorders, depression, addiction, multiple sclerosis, eplilepsy and many others.

http://www.pozible.com/project/34853

"A NEW report published in JAMA Pediatrics has found the elimination of endemic measles, rubella and congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) has been sustained in the US, but an accompanying editorial has warned that parent hesitancy to... vaccinate their children has emerged as a major future threat."

Where did that parent hesitancy come from?

MJA Insight at https://www.mja.com.au/insight/2013/47/news-brief

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Bumpity bump bump, Bumpity bump bump
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Immunize*

mrsbrimer
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I like turtles!
melly_v88
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do I even click this shit...
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM

notice I was kind and didn't show a correlation between wisdom, smarts and lack of immunizations or vice /vise versa and proper spelling of immunize. . . . *winks*

I will say however that your lack of knowledge on how to spell what you are promoting as wise is ironic.

Fuck unless you are Australian, I stand corrected and apologize if that's the case.

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Not if she's Aussie. :)

Quoting SageAdvice:

Immunize*

ewunia79
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
In us yes. But immunise is correct as well.

Quoting SageAdvice:

Immunize*

ewunia79
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I don't. They are too slow for me.

Quoting mrsbrimer: I like turtles!
JackieGirl007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

*fart sound*

teal_phoenix
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mrsbrimer: I like turtles!

I've always wanted one!

Please forgive me. I was looking through tumblr for turtles and also found this. It looks yummy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured