Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you donate to...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM
  • 39 Replies

her?

http://www.writeaprisoner.com/inmate-profiles/pr_legal.aspx?i=z-op7305

< 
> 

My name is Barbara Peck.  I was convicted of First Degree Murder in 2009, a crime I had committed and confessed to from the very beginning.  I had killed my husband of twenty years.  Out of my sleep at approximately 4:30 a.m., unclothed; I had shot and killed him.

Regardless of my early confession, I spent over three years in the Allegheny County Jail only to be convicted in one and a half days.  This includes jury selection.  I chose not to testify on my own behalf due to what I thought was insufficient counsel.  Emotional abuse is very grey; not black and white.  I was told by my appointed Attorney that I would need to hire a lawyer for appeal.

Had I given any of this a moment’s thought I would not have done it.  It never ever crossed my mind once to hurt anyone.  I am truly sorry for what I have done and feel I deserve to be here, but not for the rest of my life.

I understand it must be done but I will continue to struggle with speaking about my husband in front of his family.  I'm seeking professional counsel or monetary donations so that I may provide sufficient counsel to represent me during the appeal process.

I look forward to your responses, advice and legal assistance of any kind.

Thank you so much for reading my profile, even though brief.

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Nope. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope......she should have cut up his body and scattered it over several states

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

It comforts me to know I'm not the only one who has contemplated how they'd kill someone. I, personally, would cut up and cook the body.

Quoting Sassy762:

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM

but she's sorry! lol

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

Nope. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I donate food and clothing to our local church and pantry.....that's it!

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My answer will be no without even opening the link. "Inmate profiles"? No thanks. Not even a question.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

A wood chipper would work well also, lol  Just make sure to burn the damn thing afterwards, lol

Quoting Danapopcorn:

It comforts me to know I'm not the only one who has contemplated how they'd kill someone. I, personally, would cut up and cook the body.

Quoting Sassy762:

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Okay so this is a bit off topic, but I'm scrolling down my FB page and all of a sudden I see this with a few ..uhh..odd comments. (I went to high school with this chick) As the description she wrote "Boyz tryin ta hit dat lolz playin shit up, real bitches."  What does that even mean?

Just thought I'd share

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM

bump

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Nope. It was premeditated murder, had it been self defense? I still wouldn't donate but may be sympathetic...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)