Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IM SO SORRY! I Just Have To Vent About The Teen Who Killed 4 People & Got Off Free

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM
  • 85 Replies
Ok I know I am not the only person irate over this case. I have to vent I am so disgusted. My stomach literally hurts. You probably know about the 16 year old teen that was drunk and driving when he killed 4 innocent people with his car. There is more to the story but ultimately that's the jest. This kid is a spoiled rich kid. His defense attorneys convinced the judge that this happened because the kid has affluenza! Basically meaning this kid is so spoiled he never was taught right from wrong. And apparently they taught this kid to not have a conscience either. The judge agreed!! And sentenced this kid to 10 years probation! And for his parents to get him into counseling that will cost 500,00$. That is it! Nothing more than that! The parents said that putting him away in the slammer would do no good for him to teach him anything. Really!! Are you serious right now! Yes he needs counseling, but so do the parents! Also this is the parents fault too for doing this to there kid. Affluenza is a bunch of crap! No one else would get off killing four people and being 3 times over the alcoholic limit under age! With that stupid excuse! Just when you think America can't be any more STUPID! It does I hate our judicial system. I think that judge got paid off to come up with something lame to let this kid off. He will never learn anything in life, no right or wrong, no good or evil. He will learn that money takes care of everything! And all his problems will go away. I hurt for the families that lost there loves ones. They will never get closure, only pain and suffering. They won't get justice either. Thoes parents of the kids should be locked up too. Wow just wow! Thanks for reading ..
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarriedMyPrince
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM
That's 500,000 not 500,00
MarriedMyPrince
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Bump
MarriedMyPrince
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Bump
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
7 moms liked this

If that little shit had killed any member of my family he would disappear into tiny little bits.....smdh

Hopefully someone take care of his ass

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM
16 moms liked this

I can't imagine anyone is surprised by this, since people have been teaching their kids that they are respensible for NOTHING for quite a while now. How many mothers even post here totally indignant that  school DARES discipline their child for something? How many heap on the privileges and the electronics from birth as entitlements of their children, while expecting them to do nothing? How many say, "my kid is messing up big time, doing this and this and this, is it too much to take their phones and IPads etc?"  If kids are taught that there are no real consequences for what they do, they won't fear any, and will do what they want. How many posters here talk about spending hundreds and hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars on their kids' Christmas gifts? This all creates value systems, and the kid is the one who will pay for it, in feeling entitled and self absorbed.

But it's not just affluent kids. How many times do the families of poor or minority kids who are caught red handed in crimes, swear that they "didn't do it," it's not their fault, everyone else is to blame, their teachers, society, it's not their fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Jist not just and being affluent. Influenza is a word, affluenza is not. Please learn something tonight. Thank you.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Jist not just and being affluent. Influenza is a word, affluenza is not. Please learn something tonight. Thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I could have sworn you said you were leaving cm

Quoting susannah2000:

I can't imagine anyone is surprised by this, since people have been teaching their kids that they are respensible for NOTHING for quite a while now. How many mothers even post here totally indignant that  school DARES discipline their child for something? How many heap on the privileges and the electronics from birth as entitlements of their children, while expecting them to do nothing? How many say, "my kid is messing up big time, doing this and this and this, is it too much to take their phones and IPads etc?"  If kids are taught that there are no real consequences for what they do, they won't fear any, and will do what they want. How many posters here talk about spending hundreds and hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars on their kids' Christmas gifts? This all creates value systems, and the kid is the one who will pay for it, in feeling entitled and self absorbed.

But it's not just affluent kids. How many times do the families of poor or minority kids who are caught red handed in crimes, swear that they "didn't do it," it's not their fault, everyone else is to blame, their teachers, society, it's not their fault.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:51 AM

I am dumbfounded. He killed 4 and injured 7 others and has 10 years of probation, much of which will be spent in a spa like rehab center. He deserved to be tried as an adult. I cannot imagine the sentence if the kid had been poor. This brat was under the influence of alcohol, valium, and pot and was driving a Ford F 350. NO TEEN should be driving a monster like that and the list of laws he broke amazes me. If the judge wanted to accept the idea that he was never taught right from wrong because he was so wealthy, then punish the parents. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM

That's what money can do for you here in America.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured