Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IM SO SORRY! I Just Have To Vent About The Teen Who Killed 4 People & Got Off Free

Ok I know I am not the only person irate over this case. I have to vent I am so disgusted. My stomach literally hurts. You probably know about the 16 year old teen that was drunk and driving when he killed 4 innocent people with his car. There is more to the story but ultimately that's the jest. This kid is a spoiled rich kid. His defense attorneys convinced the judge that this happened because the kid has affluenza! Basically meaning this kid is so spoiled he never was taught right from wrong. And apparently they taught this kid to not have a conscience either. The judge agreed!! And sentenced this kid to 10 years probation! And for his parents to get him into counseling that will cost 500,00$. That is it! Nothing more than that! The parents said that putting him away in the slammer would do no good for him to teach him anything. Really!! Are you serious right now! Yes he needs counseling, but so do the parents! Also this is the parents fault too for doing this to there kid. Affluenza is a bunch of crap! No one else would get off killing four people and being 3 times over the alcoholic limit under age! With that stupid excuse! Just when you think America can't be any more STUPID! It does I hate our judicial system. I think that judge got paid off to come up with something lame to let this kid off. He will never learn anything in life, no right or wrong, no good or evil. He will learn that money takes care of everything! And all his problems will go away. I hurt for the families that lost there loves ones. They will never get closure, only pain and suffering. They won't get justice either. Thoes parents of the kids should be locked up too. Wow just wow! Thanks for reading ..
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Im very upset about this. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what money can do for you here in America.

ShesALady
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM
So sad :( Money can buy you anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:05 AM

A family member of mine was caught with 16 pounds of pot (obciously not the same as OP's story, but it's just an example I know first hand)....he didn't do a single day in jail. All about money!

Quoting mrspeterrabbit: Im very upset about this. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Wow...thats all bad

Quoting Anonymous:

A family member of mine was caught with 16 pounds of pot (obciously not the same as OP's story, but it's just an example I know first hand)....he didn't do a single day in jail. All about money!

Quoting Anonymous:

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Money does take care of everything. Thats the problem
Chrissy_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I'm sure there are going to be a lot of lawsuits to follow by the victims families.
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I find it hilarious that neither correction you made is accurate. I hope you are off learning something right now like how not to attempt to be an asshole and make yourself look stupid in the process.

Quoting Anonymous: Jist not just and being affluent. Influenza is a word, affluenza is not. Please learn something tonight. Thank you.
susannah2000
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Quoting Foolynroo2:

To some women on here if you drive drunk and kill someone its nothing more than an accident...

I mean sure you got behind a multi ton vehicle soused....

but its not like you MEANT to kill anyone..

:rolleyes:

The kid will probably grow up to be president.

Not just some people in here. It is what society has thought forever, that crashes caused by drunk drivers were just "accidents," even when people died. It's not an accident if you choose to impair yourself and get behind the wheel of a car. If you kill someone when drunk, it's murder, plain and simple. Maybe if they get some real teeth behind drunk driving charges, it will reduce the number of deaths. This case just set the cause back 50 years.
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM
A family member of mine (that just happens to have brown skin and lives in a rural area) got 10 years for 10 oz. They shaved off a year and he ended up serving 4. That's a ridiculous sentence considering how murderers and rapists get off scott free.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Tha ts sad, I agree he should of been tried aa an adult.

Quoting tossed:

I am dumbfounded. He killed 4 and injured 7 others and has 10 years of probation, much of which will be spent in a spa like rehab center. He deserved to be tried as an adult. I cannot imagine the sentence if the kid had been poor. This brat was under the influence of alcohol, valium, and pot and was driving a Ford F 350. NO TEEN should be driving a monster like that and the list of laws he broke amazes me. If the judge wanted to accept the idea that he was never taught right from wrong because he was so wealthy, then punish the parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)