Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IM SO SORRY! I Just Have To Vent About The Teen Who Killed 4 People & Got Off Free

Ok I know I am not the only person irate over this case. I have to vent I am so disgusted. My stomach literally hurts. You probably know about the 16 year old teen that was drunk and driving when he killed 4 innocent people with his car. There is more to the story but ultimately that's the jest. This kid is a spoiled rich kid. His defense attorneys convinced the judge that this happened because the kid has affluenza! Basically meaning this kid is so spoiled he never was taught right from wrong. And apparently they taught this kid to not have a conscience either. The judge agreed!! And sentenced this kid to 10 years probation! And for his parents to get him into counseling that will cost 500,00$. That is it! Nothing more than that! The parents said that putting him away in the slammer would do no good for him to teach him anything. Really!! Are you serious right now! Yes he needs counseling, but so do the parents! Also this is the parents fault too for doing this to there kid. Affluenza is a bunch of crap! No one else would get off killing four people and being 3 times over the alcoholic limit under age! With that stupid excuse! Just when you think America can't be any more STUPID! It does I hate our judicial system. I think that judge got paid off to come up with something lame to let this kid off. He will never learn anything in life, no right or wrong, no good or evil. He will learn that money takes care of everything! And all his problems will go away. I hurt for the families that lost there loves ones. They will never get closure, only pain and suffering. They won't get justice either. Thoes parents of the kids should be locked up too. Wow just wow! Thanks for reading ..
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Replies (51-60):
Bethsunshine
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Having lost two people in my life to drunk drivers ( a cousin and a family friend) this disgusts me beyond belief! That's the entitled generation we have though. No responsibility, it's always someone else's fault, Mommy and Daddy will take care of everything. I would be ashamed of myself if I raised such an irresponsible spoiled rotten excuse for a human being.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM

"the kid has affluenza!   Basically meaning this kid is so spoiled he never was taught right from wrong. And apparently they taught this kid to not have a conscience either."

Equal's to the Entitlement Generation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM

My family member has brown skin as well, but he is Filipino. He paid a lot of money, but did no jail time.

Quoting TrouserMouse: A family member of mine (that just happens to have brown skin and lives in a rural area) got 10 years for 10 oz. They shaved off a year and he ended up serving 4. That's a ridiculous sentence considering how murderers and rapists get off scott free.

Quoting Anonymous:

A family member of mine was caught with 16 pounds of pot (obciously not the same as OP's story, but it's just an example I know first hand)....he didn't do a single day in jail. All about money!

Quoting mrspeterrabbit: Im very upset about this. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what money can do for you here in America.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Anyone else find hos defense ironic?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Wtf? That's bullshit.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Well said. I completely agree. 

Quoting susannah2000:

I can't imagine anyone is surprised by this, since people have been teaching their kids that they are respensible for NOTHING for quite a while now. How many mothers even post here totally indignant that  school DARES discipline their child for something? How many heap on the privileges and the electronics from birth as entitlements of their children, while expecting them to do nothing? How many say, "my kid is messing up big time, doing this and this and this, is it too much to take their phones and IPads etc?"  If kids are taught that there are no real consequences for what they do, they won't fear any, and will do what they want. How many posters here talk about spending hundreds and hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars on their kids' Christmas gifts? This all creates value systems, and the kid is the one who will pay for it, in feeling entitled and self absorbed.

But it's not just affluent kids. How many times do the families of poor or minority kids who are caught red handed in crimes, swear that they "didn't do it," it's not their fault, everyone else is to blame, their teachers, society, it's not their fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Bump
hemanclub
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Let's just hope that more good will come out off a 16 year old getting counseling then him going to prison.  I am outraged too but at 16 can we really hold him responsible for his parents lack of parenting?  I do think he should have seen some prison time but I think his parents should as well for buying his way out of problems not to mention those who accept money for turning a blind eye.  There's a lot of guilty party's here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
They are not claiming he had the flu but a psychological condition saying he was not taught right from wrong due to money. Op had it right.

Quoting Anonymous: Jist not just and being affluent. Influenza is a word, affluenza is not. Please learn something tonight. Thank you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Because the sentence confirmed he can get away with things. Smdh

Op you might want to edit explaining the psychological condition they are claiming he has so people won't think you're misspelling the flu.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN