Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 6 yr old ds was kicked out of school today! *edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

He was kicked out for throwing things in the classroom and it hit the teacher twice. I'm so mad right now. I need ideas for punishing him. I have already told him that I am going to be printing off homework sheets for him to be doing during the day but I need some other ideas. 

He was kicked out for 3 days. By him throwing things he was putting others in danger. There is no back story to this. This is the first time that he has been in trouble at school. The only thing different in his life here recently is that his dad and stepmom are separated and he was close with her and doesn't get to see anymore like he used to. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM

bump! please I know this isn't enough drama for most of you but I really need some ideas!

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Send your kid to a strict boot camp style school
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

how about counseling to get to the bottom of his issues???

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Strip his belongings, he gets a bed and clothing......and books!  Until he can behave reasonably.  He'll learn eventually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Those cost money that I don't have. :/ Plus he is only 6 and this is the first time he has been in trouble at school. 

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Send your kid to a strict boot camp style school

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Don't use homework as a punishment! Is he suspended or expelled? I'd be working his behind off. No tv, electronics, or any toys. He'd be shoveling snow, cleaning, everything.

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Don't use homework as a punishment! Is he suspended or expelled? I'd be working his behind off. No tv, electronics, or any toys. He'd be shoveling snow, cleaning, everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Was he throwing because he was mad or because he thought it was funny? Do you know? Ideas for punishment might change if people know why exactly he was behaving that way. I personally, would be taking anything fun he likes to do away. No TV time, no dessert after dinner (If you do dessert) things like that.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

yes i agree with this

Quoting Anonymous:

how about counseling to get to the bottom of his issues???

trabruno59
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)