Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult ADD - does your dh/so have it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Has your dh / so been diagnosed with ADD? Something I was told in therapy about his ADD was that he would eventually get "bored" with the relationship and need to find excitement in some way again. Not neccesarily outside the marriage, but that I needed to somehow make it exciting again. I've been paranoid for five yrs now that he's going to lose interest one day.

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

your therapist shouldn't throw blankets on people. i have adhd, i have been with my dude almost 10 years, and have never felt like i was ever "bored" with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I have adhd and I haven't gotten bored and I have been with dh for 13 years.
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I have it. This is bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank God!

Quoting beerabitch69: I have it. This is bullshit.

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I have Adult ADD, but I was first diagnosed at 8, and I have never cheated on a boyfriend/DH in my life.   I honestly don't see how ADD has anything to do with the committment to a relationship.  I know personally, that my SO is more likely to get fed up with me and leave me.  Not the other way around, because of my lack of focus on the basic tasks of life and my inability to focus on the things that are important to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM

my husband has adhd and has never said anything about being bored we have been together 7 years.  but i do try to spice things up so i dont get bored.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I have ADD and no I never get board with my relationship I think I found the perfect man who thinks my forgetfulness and gettingside track are just part of me and he excepts me for who I am I am pretty lucky no getting board for me

Heisenberg
by Kitschy on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My husband has ADD, he also has OCD. There are times when I am literally his obsession and other times he's on to something else and I dont' exist. The best thing for us is to have regular things we do together that we both enjoy to keep us connected. For us it's bike riding and hiking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM

That's exactly what happens with us. He is all over me sometimes, then other times in his own little world. 

Quoting Heisenberg:

My husband has ADD, he also has OCD. There are times when I am literally his obsession and other times he's on to something else and I dont' exist. The best thing for us is to have regular things we do together that we both enjoy to keep us connected. For us it's bike riding and hiking. 

PeppermintyTea
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yes, but nothing to do with "getting bored" with me. He just has really bad short term memory. His job requires him to remember a lot of stuff so he studies 2+ hours almost every night, and saves everything he needs to remember (appointments, special dates, etc...) on his memo app.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured