Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TV in the room of a 17 month old??

Posted by   + Show Post

What's your opinion on buying a TV to put in the bedroom of a 17 month child?  Too early? or  Is this a good idea?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
StytchWytch
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM

My children will not have tv's in their room until they are adults.

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's unnecessary if you already have a tv anywhere in the house (well, I don't think TVs are necessary at all, but they are fun :D)

I think I just wouldn't do it because I don't think there'd be a point where i'd want it to take up a large amount of (or become a regular part of) their day that would constitute the need for them to have their own.

That's just me though. And we do enjoy our toons here :)
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Bedrooms are sacred spaces in our home and so we do not put anything distracting (meaning it makes noise or has birght lights) in them. No radios, TV's, bright lights, etc.
RobinBright
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Definitely not ok in my house.  

princess_peach
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

This. I will never put a tv in my kids' rooms.

Quoting kbutton24: Definitely not. I don't believe in children having their own tv anyway. Nevermind that young.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Way too early! Children younger than maybe 16 shouldn't have TV's in their room. A radio? Sure.

What would be the purpose of this? None. There is no reason for a child to have a TV in there room. I feel that is also lazy parenting.

lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM
DS has always had a tv in his room. We already had it in the room since it was the guest room before he came along. There has never been cable hooked up to it. He doesn't have it on when he goes to sleep. He has to ask before he watches it. It's probably on a hour out of the day.
xredstarsx
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM
My dd is 4 and is getting a tv for her room for Christmas. However she won't have a cable, just a DVD player.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I just think that if a child wants to watch TV or play video games, they can do it while interacting with their family.

Quoting princess_peach:

This. I will never put a tv in my kids' rooms.

Quoting kbutton24: Definitely not. I don't believe in children having their own tv anyway. Nevermind that young.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM
We are getting our ds a flat screen tv for his birthday next year. He will be two then. That way he can watch his Mickey Mouse and I can watch my tv.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)