Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TV in the room of a 17 month old??

Posted by   + Show Post

What's your opinion on buying a TV to put in the bedroom of a 17 month child?  Too early? or  Is this a good idea?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

No one has a tv in their room at my house, adult or child. 17 month olds dont even need to watch tv.

xoch86
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Eh.. At one point I had a tv in every bedroom and livings room. My daughter was maybe 1 or 2.. It's not a big deal. We hardly ever turned them on,  they were more for decoration than anything.. I don't think it's a big deal

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I am not a fan of Tv in the bedrooms. My kids didn't have them til they left for college.
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Not something I would do.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I won't allow tvs in the rooms of my children period, theres no reason why they can't watch it out among people, not alone in their rooms. Its unhealthy to watch tv when going to sleep and having it there will only encourage that. I don't understand why a 17 month old would be watching tv on a regular basis period.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Quoting kbutton24: Definitely not. I don't believe in children having their own tv anyway. Nevermind that young.
Momluv269
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM

No 17 mo. old child of mine would even watch tv.

hnischke
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
My son just turned 4 today. We got him a TV/DVD combo along with some movies. We won't give him cable or anything like that. We currently live in a tiny house and I'm tired of toys all over my tiny living room. I figured that this will allow us to keep they mess in the boys room and we can still have movie nights :)

Quoting xredstarsx: My dd is 4 and is getting a tv for her room for Christmas. However she won't have a cable, just a DVD player.
JamieBue38
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I'm 20 and I still don't have a tv in my room... just can't afford it actually lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM
We don't put TVs in our kids rooms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)