Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TV in the room of a 17 month old??

Posted by   + Show Post

What's your opinion on buying a TV to put in the bedroom of a 17 month child?  Too early? or  Is this a good idea?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Boo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Not something I'd do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Lazy parenting right there folks! There is no purpose for a TV in a childs room unless you just want to have an electronic babysitter!!

Quoting xredstarsx: My dd is 4 and is getting a tv for her room for Christmas. However she won't have a cable, just a DVD player.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
My DH wants to do this. I said "Uh. No."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
My kids have always had a tv in their rooms...at that age they were watching baby Einstein..
TristanMitchael
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I wouldn't do it. We only have one TV in the whole house. My kids used to have one in their playroom but it was hardly on.
susannah2000
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What would be the point of that? No..

chicklopez
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I wouldnt go out and buy a tv for a 17 month old. If we had an extra one Id put it in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM

stupid. ds is 6 and still doesn't have a tv in his room and won't until he probably moves out on his own. there is no reason for it and is just setting the kid up from forming bad habits

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Why would you do this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM
For me..my kids are 11&9 now...I don't want to watch the stupid shit they watch on tv...they can go in their room and watch it...not in my living room.
But they have tablets/iPads they watch Netflix on if they want to be in the living room
Quoting kbutton24: I just think that if a child wants to watch TV or play video games, they can do it while interacting with their family.

Quoting princess_peach:

This. I will never put a tv in my kids' rooms.

Quoting kbutton24: Definitely not. I don't believe in children having their own tv anyway. Nevermind that young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)