Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TV in the room of a 17 month old??

Posted by   + Show Post

What's your opinion on buying a TV to put in the bedroom of a 17 month child?  Too early? or  Is this a good idea?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
No, I'd rather read to my son but that's just me.
hburnette3
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I did.    and when she was a little older I told her if she woke up before I did she could either come get me up or sit in her room and watch TV.  I didn't want her roaming the house by herself.

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My youngest has always been in a bedroom with a tv. But that's because I have one in my bedroom and I co-slept. Then I switched him to his crib an I would leave the tv on but he couldn't see it, he just liked the noise and I used it for the light. Now he shares a room with my 2 yr old but I won't put a tv in there mainly because I know it would get broken.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I don't think its lazy parenting unless you plan on leaving them in their room all day watching tv.
My sons both have tvs, and thinking about getting daughter one, she falls asleep so much easier with the tv on, then i can just turn it off after she's sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Wouldn't you be afraid of a 17 month old breaking the TV, getting tangled in the cord, etc?  Toddlers aren't known for being easy on things.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I wouldn't because ive seen tvs fall on kids. Those aren't good calls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Hell no!
CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My 5 year old doesn't even have one in her room. Hell, we have one in ours that's not even plugged in. I definitely wouldn't have one for a toddler.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Much too early. They disrupt sleep. I don't feel a TV belongs in a bedroom. If I did allow it I wouldn't till they were a teen.
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I think it is to young. But I never had a TV in my room until I was 18.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)