Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Doggie gifts! Do you buy your pet's gifts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

This year i spent around 90 dollars on my lab and about 40 a piece on my 2 cat's

They really need need some new things. However my sil said i was crazy and that i could have donated that money to a pet shelter or something more worthwhile. I did donate to charity.. but i also love to to spoil my fur babies, of course i made sure to get all my sons gifts first and dont see anything wrong with it.

Do you buy gifts for your pet's? Do you celebrate pet birthdays?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Don't own pets. I'm sure we would have a small stocking out though. Not spending any where near what you did, but nothing wrong with it if you can afford it.

Sj218
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I always let my son choose something for the dog. Our dog is old and he deserves to be a little spoiled once in a while.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Our dog is getting 2 new toys and a new bone. Our cats are getting one of those cat tower things (a small one)

I donate to the aspca every month so I do my part also.

And yes I make our dog a birthday cake each year. (a dog healthy recipe) and he gets a present.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
We have a stocking for the dog. He also gets both kids a present just from him. We only get him the gifts in the stocking though. We don't wrap things for him.
she_walk_softly
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yes I have to or my kids would be heartbroken for them.

fluffball80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Yes we do for Christmas.  Our dogs get a bone each and another gift like new bedding or a stuff animal.  The cat gets several toys to play with and a treat.

Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM
No I think it's silly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Yes we do because it is fun for both the pets and the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I should have mentioned the things i bought were pretty big, i got my lab a dog house and new sweaters and toys My cats got a tower and acat ladder
fairyjester
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

ofcourse , this year the dogs are each getting a new coat, the really didnt need them but i really liked where the closure was on these, its on top instead of underneath.   they will get some treats.  and maybe some other clothes.   

the cats , guinea pigs, and rats will get treats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN