Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your man called you a "whiny little b****"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
He just called me a whiny little bitch. Here's the scenario:

Everyone's in a good mood this morning despite the snow preventing us from getting to the Christmas parade in town.

He asked me to make coffee. I go to the kitchen to get the bag of beans. I get a cup to measure and he comes into the kitchen and says he doesn't know where the top to the grinder is. I say I don't know where it is either. He says there's a can of ground coffee in the van, I say I'll get it, he says something about putting Miracle on 34th Street on Netflix. So I start looking for it, not there but I find another Christmas movie to watch.

He starts getting dressed to go outside and grumbles about having to get the can of coffee himself. I laughingly tell him I'm sorry, I forgot, which I did. I haven't had coffee yet and I'm trying to figure out if Lampoon's Christmas movie would be appropriate for kiddos.

He goes outside and comes back with the live Christmas trees from the van and tells me to bring them in. I, in a joking tone, say "I thought you were going to get the coffee so we can deal with all this shit with coffee." I start bringing the trees inside. He says "YOU were supposed to get the fucking coffee." So I say "So you're bringing the trees inside bc you were pissed off that you have to get the coffee?" He says, "No, I'm bringing the trees in bc they're $140 and they've been sitting in the van all night." At this point I'm still in a good mood with joking tone and I'm like "Oh, they'll be fiiiiine." He says, dead serious and gruff tone and half-yelling, loud enough for the kids, his mom, and any neighbors outside to hear, "Stop being a whiny little bitch!"

So I told him to deal with everything himself and went to the back porch. He followed me and tried to make me feel like I was overreacting (I said NOTHING except there is no excuse to speak to me that way and then rebuffed every excuse he came up with, and I was calm tone the whole time, I kept asking him to leave me alone) so I told him I was going into the van to be by myself. The kids are watching a movie and as soon as MIL heard what he said she came out of the bedroom and is humming around the kitchen and I'm embarrassed, so I brought my phone and a book to the van to have some alone time.

Anyway. How would you feel? What would you do? Am I overreacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Sorry, my husband wouldn't ever say that. It seems he maybe in a bad mood and taking it out on you which is wrong.

ashthecat
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Does he speak to you like that often? I couldn't be with a man that would call me any sort of bitch. So yeah. I would be super pissed off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM
To add, he's generally gruff when he's in a bad mood but we do not speak to us like each other. I will not be spoken to like that. I've already been in one emotionally toxic relationship in my life and I refuse to be in another.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My husband has never called me a bitch so I am not sure how I would react.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd tell him to go get the f*cking coffee himself and that while he was at it, he can take care of the kids today, because I was going back to bed and he could go f*ck himself.  My husband would never talk to me like that, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

my dh would never say that.

but your story reminds me of some cafemoms on here , when you tell them to leave you alone they won't. They dont see it as anything wrong so your dh must not be wrong.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I'm sorry. My husband does not talk to me like that, ever. 

Mommysmadae
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

That would piss me off. He needs to stop acting like a brat and apologize to you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM

We don't name call here, he owes you an apology. 

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't handle it as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)