Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We don't do santa here and I am NOT going to go out of my way to do it for YOUR kids UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 449 Replies
1 mom liked this

We dont do the whole "santa is going to bring presents" thing in my house. We love the story of santa but my kids dont beileve he is who brings the presents.

Well my sister wants to stay with me this year because she had a fight with my other sister but she said that if she stays we HAVE to do the santa thing. I told her no. She is free to stay but I am not going to go out of my way to do the santa thing. Just not something I want to do.

ETA so I dont have to say this over and over anymore. We open some presents and do stockings xmas eve. I told her there were many ways for her to spin it for her kids but she doesnt want to. She wants us to change what we do so she doesnt have to do anything different.

Eta 2. There is no reason for either of us to give up our traditions all we have to do is tell the kids we celebrate different. She can tell her kids that we don't believe in Santa therefore he doesn't bring is presents. It is as simple as that. That is not good enough for my sister. First she invited herself to my house and now she is demanding that I give up my traditions because she doesn't want to explain to her kids that we do things different. My sister creates drama wherever she goes. No one wants her to stay with them not even my parents. She has ruined Christmas for everyone several times. Two years ago she had a freak out when there was bacon in our meal and threw everything away. She then got even more made and threw the Christmas tree away in the trash can.

UPDATE!: My sister decided that she is going to stay home for christmas this year. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Ehh
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
12 moms liked this

Your house..................Your rules

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I sont blame you. Honestly the santa thing is a pain
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. If you don't do that for your kids, don't do it just because of hers.

And, maybe she should find her own place to live if she wants to celebrate holidays her own way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM
45 moms liked this
What do you need to do? Tell your kids not to spoil it. She tells her kids that your don't believe in Santa so Santa doesn't bring them presents. Her kids leave put a few cookies and a glass of milk. The end. She takes the cookies away and pours put the milk. The kids open presents and no one corrects them and says really mommy bought that's. Sound pretty easy to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's ridiculous for her to even suggest that. It's your house. But you'll get the wachos saying you're ruining the " magic" of Christmas.
olivia_benson
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I agree. Why make your kids lie for her? It's your house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

We open some of out presents christmas eve and do stockings and all of that then. I am not going to change our traditions.

Quoting Anonymous: What do you need to do? Tell your kids not to spoil it. She tells her kids that your don't believe in Santa so Santa doesn't bring them presents. Her kids leave put a few cookies and a glass of milk. The end. She takes the cookies away and pours put the milk. The kids open presents and no one corrects them and says really mommy bought that's. Sound pretty easy to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
16 moms liked this
You sound like a really awesome person to be around during he holidays.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Your house....your rules and traditions. If your sister doesn't like it she can suck it up and stay with someone who already does Santa.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)