Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im sorry that i quit smoking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
to my husband. To my kids. To everyone who knows me:
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry I've been such an asshole. Looking back I am ashamed for the things I've said and the way I acted. It was like a movie I was watching and had no control over. I regret a lot of the last 3 months, and wish I could take it back.
I'm sorry for pretending everything was fine until I blew up in a rage. That was not me. I should have been honest about what I was going through in my head.
I'm sorry for the days I didn't get out of bed. For the days that I didn't allow anyone to talk to me. For the days I spent crying and screaming.
I'm sorry to everyone who's feelings were hurt, who was left in confusion after one of my nonsensical rants.
I'm sorry for nearly tearing apart my family and marriage.
Thanks for still being here for me, as I do everything in my power to be a better person.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Quitting smoking did not cause all of that. Sounds like you should probably talk to your doctor about depression. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Yes I have depression and anxiety disorder. Quitting triggered it all and I tried many meds with no relief. The only thing that worked was beginning to smoke again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quitting smoking did not cause all of that. Sounds like you should probably talk to your doctor about depression. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

quitting smoking can cause things like that temporarily as the nicotine wears out of your system but you are right if it lasted beyond that then a therapist is needed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Seriously I think I would just go on smoking.....as a matter of fact I have.  My family and I like myself better whe I am relaxed and that is exactly why I smoke.  That plus I love it.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I totally know how you feel!!! I was a raging, hormonal bitch!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:40 AM

it's more of a comfort thing, a way to focus on something to keep from stressing like kids with their loveys, i get it

Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:50 AM

bump

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:50 AM

I smoked for thirty seven years. I tried to quit so many times I lost count. One day my grown son was telling me how worried he was that something would happen to me, if I didn't quit smoking. He couldn't stand it if something happened to me. I finally told him I was going to quit in two days. In that two days, when I got up, I didn't smoke. Somehow I quit. That will be four years on January 7. If your family loves you like your family and mine, they understand, it's not you or me. It's the really bad nicotine craving that they put in cigerettes to get us addicted. Congratulations to you for quitting. Our families love us, by still being there for us. My husband and son, were right there for me too.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I forgot to say, I'm not at all sorry for quitting, just like I know you are not sorry. It just proves how strong minded we are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I never acted like that when I quit smoking. Are you depressed or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)