Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Government ban on homeschooling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
1 mom liked this
What are your thoughts about this article? Did the government over step their bounds? Could this be the start of an outlaw of homeschooling?

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/florida-judge-orders-homeschool-children-to-attend-public-school/
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I'm mobile please someone make a clicky.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Clicky please ladies!!??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Any parent who homeschools is doing a great thing or their kids and society.  (It's fine too to send your kids to public school).  Too much time in school is wasted dealing with things that are of no value.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be scary and a violation of rights .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Too many unqualified parents are taking control of their children's education. I need to see stats on success rates for homeschooled children.
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this

They simply move out of state once the visitation and case is closed, or they fight it to the highest court and win it that way. The judge only has power while the case is being finalized. Once he loses jurisdiction of the case,  and the parents agree, they can and will do as they please.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM
So you think no one should have the right?

Quoting Anonymous: Too many unqualified parents are taking control of their children's education. I need to see stats on success rates for homeschooled children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I agree. We are looking at homeschooling next year. Tired of the BS the schools entail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Any parent who homeschools is doing a great thing or their kids and society.  (It's fine too to send your kids to public school).  Too much time in school is wasted dealing with things that are of no value.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Not saying that at all..there are circumstances in which it is necessary such as a special needs child. But I know someone who homeschools her kid because he's very sensitive and cries a lot and she's afraid of kids picking on him. She has a full time job and 2 infants to tend to. I don't think she has the adequate time and energy to do it right. There should be strict standards and even approval for it. I see too many ppl thinking they can do it.

Quoting Anonymous: So you think no one should have the right?

Quoting Anonymous: Too many unqualified parents are taking control of their children's education. I need to see stats on success rates for homeschooled children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)