Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mother told me i need to lose weight...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
My mother thinks I need to lose weight and tighten up my body. I told she's nuts, because I'm 20.5 weeks pregnant and that weight loss is not on my mind right now. She told me to stop being lazy and using my pregnancy as a reason to be fat. I think my mom has lost it.

Edit: one: yes I am some what ever weight before I got pregnant, but my doctor told me I would be okay as long I went back to my weight loss plan after the baby. I was losing weight before hand. I am still active with my fitness, plus I have a 21 month old daughter. I'm a sahm so I'm up running around all day too. No I'm not gaining too much weight or too fast. I actually lost 15 pounds until a month ago because I wasn't eatting enough, I take 3 vitamin supplements a day on top of it. I've only gained roughly four pounds back.
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM

BUMP!

suzanneyea
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM

We're you overweight before you got pregnant? Are you gaining too much?

rhope4
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Ask her if she plans to join you and see what she says!

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Worse is when they say you need to lose weight while pregnant but buying you cake and ice cream at the same time! You can and should walk, lift light weights, eat more healthy and take your vitamins though.

chicklopez
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM

sounds like she has indeed lost it

ProudMommy51006
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Be careful about your weight while pregnant. maybe don't focus on losing right now, but be conscious about not over gaining.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Well,are you gaining too much weight? There is no reason why you cannot safely exercise during pregnancy,so not sure why your mom has lost it.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I was overweight by a good thirty pounds when I got pregnant...mandated overtime for work means I lost my workout time.  It was the easiest thing to lose, not healthiest of course but it is what it is.  I am around 25 weeks along and my mom is worried because I have only gained around 6 lbs....this after nagging me to lose so I  could get pregnant again lol.  Let your obgyn be the judge on your weight while pregnant, if you are gaining too much they will tell you, not your mom!

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Were you overweight when you got pregnant? Have you gained a lot of weight so far?

Not trying to say your mom is right, but it isn't a horrible thing to lose weight while pregnant.  I was about 255 when I got pregnant with my youngest.  Revamped my eating, cut my soda habit WAY down, quit smoking.......and went into delivery weighing 232.  DD was full term and 7lbs 2oz, and perfectly healthy.  My doc was ecstatic.  Lol. At every visit my blood pressure got better, so I delivered far healthier than I had been in years.

chickadees
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I think she has too.  Who says that to a pregnant woman?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN